Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HALO 3 Reviewed!

Discussion in 'Halo' started by Sovieto, Sep 23, 2007.

1. blankconnection

blankconnection Playing is Believing

Wii Friend Code: 7027-9716-3519-4570
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    I watched the whole review and your comment has yet to strike an argument to me.

2. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

it tells you whats wrong with halo during the last part...
    no video game can please everybody though and halos obvious focus is on multiplayer so if you dont like that why bother with it??

3. blankconnection

blankconnection Playing is Believing

Wii Friend Code: 7027-9716-3519-4570
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    I do like halo. whatever man, you win I forfit. have u ever seen those masterchief sucks at halo videos

4. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

i meant that if you dont like its focus being on multiplayer then dont bother but yah this went no where.
    and yeah i have seen those videos lolol he made a second one which was surprisingly good since most sequels to those types of videos suck.

5. na34

na34 WiiChat Member

Halo is an amazing multiplayer game. Metroid wouldnt have been as good of a multiplaer game. As a 1 player game only, I would find them extremly close.

6. Master Foot

Master Foot WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5574-4537-7049-7984
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    I'm actually surprised at that rating. They could have added a few extra points for fanboyism and hype.

7. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

if they did that then itd be 9.8.
    you obviously dont know much about ign if you think theyd do that.

8. jjrules352

jjrules352 Mario Kart here I come!!!

all of you dont be so sad online fps for wii has just started Medal of Honor heroes 2

9. naisatoh

naisatoh MS3

Wii Friend Code: 6760-4137-2833-7556
    6760-4137-2833-7556
    I have never owned any game in the Halo series but have played it several times with friends.. so I apologize if I am way off here. I always believed that the main reason anyone bought Halo was for its Multiplayer Mode. I've played around with the Campaign Mode, and while I think it's a lot of fun, I still find myself gravitating towards a quick game of Slayer or taking on a group of friends in Capture the Flag.

So seeing people here comparing Halo to Metroid Prime doesn't seem to fit. First of all, these games share very little in common. Aside from the games being first person shooters and the heroes wearing futuristic powersuits, there really isn't anything else to compare. Halo is pretty straightforward shooter that emphasizes the use of vehicles and various explosive weaponry to accomplish its mission. While Metroid has its pick of different weapons, its main emphasis is on exploration.

I think both games are great, but for completely different reasons. I play Halo to kill 3 or 4 hours with a group of friends. I play Metroid to make sure I finish each mission as completely as possible (not to mention I grew up with the original Metroid).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Krusnik

Krusnik WiiChat Member

You are completely correct.
    They are similar, but very different.
    Comparing Metroid and Halo is like apples to oranges. They are both fruits, but they arn't the same fruit...(lol)

11. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

halo 3 WILL be a great game. BUT it is overrated from all the hype. literally the hype makes it sound like its some sort of god. but yes its going to be an extremely good game, and ill be getting it, but its not gonna live up the the hype specially cause the campaign will probably suck like the other two.

12. Wiimaker

Wiimaker POKEMASTR

Halo3 is going to come out in about 5 hrs. but I dont have to worry cuz I preordered it:yesnod: :yesnod: [​IMG]

13. Krusnik

Krusnik WiiChat Member

Halo had a great campaign. (At least I thought)
    Halo 2's campaign though...my gosh, that was just bad...
    Halo 3's is supposed to be a step up from Halo 2. With just being based on the Master Chief (Although they did completely drop the Arbiter storyline which is kinda just not cool) More diverse enviroments and stuff. But apparently it's still weak compared to multiplayer and everything else on it.

14. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

hmmm well i was just talking to a kid who has the game already. and he was saying that the game is just sick in general. cause obviously no one is on live.

15. NS_Tr4mpld

NS_Tr4mpld X-NSider

Ha... They have skulls that you find in the campains that actually make the game harder for you when you activate... Wow I bet the "Hardcore" kids are cheering for that one... Sounds retarded...

Oh well I honestly have always HATED Halo just because I don't like shooting someone 1000 times before they die and at the time it was out I was big into Counter strike and I despised analog FPS games... But... This game has a level editor, now that's gonna rock the game for sure. Still prolly won't care for it though.

16. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

actually when youre playing 4 player co op online itd be fun to see like who can play with the most disabilites and do the best yadada, they make the game more fun with friends, its not somethuing you use when you play by yourself.

17. NS_Tr4mpld

NS_Tr4mpld X-NSider

Yea I guess... I could just imagine crazy kids though... "OMG GUYS I FOUND THE SKULL TO TURN OFF MY CROSSHAIR!! NOW I FINALLY GET TO PLAY WITHOUT ONE!!! YAAAY THATS SOOO 1337!!!"

The game actually looks pretty cool with the infested mode and level designer, I am a big level design freak, not just making my own levels but I like having an infinite number of levels to play. I still hate everything else Halo stands for, the guns to me are horrible. I will probably play infested mode right off the bat when my bro brings his copy home. I'm kinda half way pumped for it if you can get my drift. After watching the video it kinda looked like I could waste some time on it but I would still rather have my good old deagle and scout (with a mouse). I still think it's kinda overated.

The only reason I think the Halo series is so big is the fact that it was the first big console online FPS... It had flashy graphics too. Halo wouldn't have stood a chance if it was still a PC exclusive.

18. Jay588

Jay588 ?

i give it a 9, it reminded me of halo 2 still, thought it would be a total difference but it thats what makes it great still. really good multiplayer.

19. Eagles

Eagles WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5207-2685-9420-8549
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Wow IGN Australia only gave it an 8.9, controversy! :lol: