HALO 3 Reviewed!

{Axtlár} said:
why? Metroid Prime 3 got a 9.5 as well in IGN...so I don't understand why you say you doubt it
read my post as before, this is rated differently than mp3 was rated. also if mp3 was online it wouldnt come anywhere close to what halo offers looking at nintendos online history. also, lets look at the games... mp3 was judged for a console that lacked extremely good titles so its a different medium. look at cod2 for the 360...it got a 9.0 just for the fact it was a launch title where the pc version got something like a 8.5.

{Axtlár} said:
well not me..
me too, but halo 1 was good, and halo 2 sucked because they just focused on online, so everyone loves halo 2 because it has such a good online play(which it does) which leaves me to think what will halo 3 be like. Everyone likes it because of the online. THats why it gets good scores. Gametrailers made a real shiity review because they just talked about how good halo is and how much they love it, and IGN has like a 17 minute review saying how much they love their 360 and halo 3.assholes.

blankconnection said:
me too, but halo 1 was good, and halo 2 sucked because they just focused on online, so everyone loves halo 2 because it has such a good online play(which it does) which leaves me to think what will halo 3 be like. Everyone likes it because of the online. THats why it gets good scores. Gametrailers made a real shiity review because they just talked about how good halo is and how much they love it, and IGN has like a 17 minute review saying how much they love their 360 and halo 3.assholes.
did you happen to watch the last couple of minutes? most video reviews are for big titles, so there is a lot to praise and then they say the reasons for it scoring the way it did at the end of it. for a game like halo there is more good things to say than bad things so why would you want a review of most/half bad things about it?

Sovieto said:
did you happen to watch the last couple of minutes? most video reviews are for big titles, so there is a lot to praise and then they say the reasons for it scoring the way it did at the end of it. for a game like halo there is more good things to say than bad things so why would you want a review of most/half bad things about it?
I watched the whole review and your comment has yet to strike an argument to me.

blankconnection said:
I watched the whole review and your comment has yet to strike an argument to me.
it tells you whats wrong with halo during the last part...
no video game can please everybody though and halos obvious focus is on multiplayer so if you dont like that why bother with it??

Sovieto said:
it tells you whats wrong with halo during the last part...
no video game can please everybody though and halos obvious focus is on multiplayer so if you dont like that why bother with it??
I do like halo. whatever man, you win I forfit. have u ever seen those masterchief sucks at halo videos

blankconnection said:
I do like halo. whatever man, you win I forfit. have u ever seen those masterchief sucks at halo videos
i meant that if you dont like its focus being on multiplayer then dont bother but yah this went no where.
and yeah i have seen those videos lolol he made a second one which was surprisingly good since most sequels to those types of videos suck.

Halo is an amazing multiplayer game. Metroid wouldnt have been as good of a multiplaer game. As a 1 player game only, I would find them extremly close.

I'm actually surprised at that rating. They could have added a few extra points for fanboyism and hype.

Master Foot said:
I'm actually surprised at that rating. They could have added a few extra points for fanboyism and hype.
if they did that then itd be 9.8.
you obviously dont know much about ign if you think theyd do that.

I have never owned any game in the Halo series but have played it several times with friends.. so I apologize if I am way off here. I always believed that the main reason anyone bought Halo was for its Multiplayer Mode. I've played around with the Campaign Mode, and while I think it's a lot of fun, I still find myself gravitating towards a quick game of Slayer or taking on a group of friends in Capture the Flag.

So seeing people here comparing Halo to Metroid Prime doesn't seem to fit. First of all, these games share very little in common. Aside from the games being first person shooters and the heroes wearing futuristic powersuits, there really isn't anything else to compare. Halo is pretty straightforward shooter that emphasizes the use of vehicles and various explosive weaponry to accomplish its mission. While Metroid has its pick of different weapons, its main emphasis is on exploration.

I think both games are great, but for completely different reasons. I play Halo to kill 3 or 4 hours with a group of friends. I play Metroid to make sure I finish each mission as completely as possible (not to mention I grew up with the original Metroid).

naisatoh said:
I have never owned any game in the Halo series but have played it several times with friends.. so I apologize if I am way off here. I always believed that the main reason anyone bought Halo was for its Multiplayer Mode. I've played around with the Campaign Mode, and while I think it's a lot of fun, I still find myself gravitating towards a quick game of Slayer or taking on a group of friends in Capture the Flag.

So seeing people here comparing Halo to Metroid Prime doesn't seem to fit. First of all, these games share very little in common. Aside from the games being first person shooters and the heroes wearing futuristic powersuits, there really isn't anything else to compare. Halo is pretty straightforward shooter that emphasizes the use of vehicles and various explosive weaponry to accomplish its mission. While Metroid has its pick of different weapons, its main emphasis is on exploration.

I think both games are great, but for completely different reasons. I play Halo to kill 3 or 4 hours with a group of friends. I play Metroid to make sure I finish each mission as completely as possible (not to mention I grew up with the original Metroid).
You are completely correct.
They are similar, but very different.
Comparing Metroid and Halo is like apples to oranges. They are both fruits, but they arn't the same fruit...(lol)

Back