Halo on DS

FWELR said:
technically, no. they have rights to make games under the halo brand (ie halo wars) however, bungie is now a 3rd party developer and since they created halo and have not sold it, they are free to do with it what they want.
All we've seen was the public side of this story, exactly "what happened" and "why" is quite vague. Speaking of missing details, same can be said about Halo as well. I remember reading that Bungie was "like a shark and had to keep swimming to survive, and they was moving on from Halo" while the remarks appeared that MS kept the Halo brand.

Sounds more to me that the only thing that Bungie had to offer was Halo, and keeping there team around was more of a liability than a paycheck. I seriously doubt MS has left Halo solely in the hands of Bungie, and probably thinking further development of it's purchased brand name would be cheaper producing additional titles in-house rather than keep paying Bungie directly. It's much like the process of a mining company blasting away a mountain top, stripping it of it's coal, then filling it back up with dirt then ditching the property. They've got what they wanted, Bungie's "one hit wonder" as they probably see it, now it's time to "trim the fat". :(

Last edited:
FWELR said:
technically, no. they have rights to make games under the halo brand (ie halo wars) however, bungie is now a 3rd party developer and since they created halo and have not sold it, they are free to do with it what they want.

Sorry, you're wrong. Bungie can still work on Halo products, and MS has indicated they want them to, but MS owns and controls the Halo franchise. If Halo DS happens, it'll be because MS okay'd it.

Indeed, MS already has another studio working on Halo franchise material--Halo Wars is being worked on by Ensemble studios.
PC World said:
Microsoft also retains full intellectual property rights to the "Halo" franchise, though Bungie "will continue to work on Xbox 360 games" and, ostensibly, the inevitable Halo 4. Make of that what you will.

PC WOrld

To wit, if you think Bungie is completely free of MS's grasp, you're naive. Reread the news carefully and you'll discover there's been a lot of "undisclosed" information, such as how much MS still owns of Bungie and what motivation MS had to let them go. There are agreements there about what Bungie can and cannot do that will never see the light of day.

They're freer than they were, but they're not free.

Wiinter said:
Sorry, you're wrong. Bungie can still work on Halo products, and MS has indicated they want them to, but MS owns and controls the Halo franchise. If Halo DS happens, it'll be because MS okay'd it.

Indeed, MS already has another studio working on Halo franchise material--Halo Wars is being worked on by Ensemble studios.

PC WOrld

To wit, if you think Bungie is completely free of MS's grasp, you're naive. Reread the news carefully and you'll discover there's been a lot of "undisclosed" information, such as how much MS still owns of Bungie and what motivation MS had to let them go. There are agreements there about what Bungie can and cannot do that will never see the light of day.

They're freer than they were, but they're not free.
o damn, guess i got some bad info then. anyways, what i told you was i what i heard. thx for correcting me.

It's all good.

It'll be nice to see in the next couple of years just how much freedom/desire they have to dev on other consoles. They've already said they're going to stay 'focused' on the 360, and it has been good to them. Will they have serious teams for the other consoles? Even without the Halo IP, they have skills that Wii could really use.

well it's not halo it's just a game changed to look like halo and halo does suck and microsoft is competing with nintendo and xbox does not have a hand held system. nor will nintendo get bungie on there side. so whats the point?and the game was on an emulator

Bigjake52 said:
well it's not halo it's just a game changed to look like halo and halo does suck and microsoft is competing with nintendo and xbox does not have a hand held system. nor will nintendo get bungie on there side. so whats the point?and the game was on an emulator

Lighten up dude, if you've done your research, if it wasn't for Microsoft we wouldn't have some of our games. Viva Pinata is coming to the states and Blue Dragon was just announced for Japan in 08' for the DS.

Also, it's like you don't want a decent game like Halo on the Wii/DS.

And I simply hate fanboyish comments >.<.

no microsoft is competing with nintendo like microsoft will let some stupid game on all play froms

Bigjake52 said:
no microsoft is competing with nintendo like microsoft will let some stupid game on all play froms

Well they did. And saying games "suck" on the Xbox, when you don't even know what they are is just crap x.x..

well i do not care ok it's just a frst person shoote. but contra is way better

Now you're comparing a game that was released around 1990 to a game that was just recently released? I bet you didn't even play Halo yet.

Back