Harrison Praises Wii-Mote

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Who ever thought that Sony's big man would be paying the Wii compliments? Well at least he was apart of Sony until his recent announcement that revealed he is no longer working for the company. Surprisingly his opinion on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 controller's were pretty interesting to say the least.

“You hand somebody a game controller and it’s like you’ve handed them a live gun or a hand grenade with the pin taken out,”

GameIndustry.biz reports that Phil Harrison has praised the Wii remote for being a "non-game centric device." He was also pleased with Apple's iPhone because of its appeal to a user's natural instincts. Despite Harrison making his way to Atari, wouldn't it be pleasant to see him march on stage beside Reggie someday?

Source

It's nice to see companies complementing each other especially when they're strong rivals.

i love the wii's remote so much! :yesnod:

i'm not intimidated by other controllers, it's just the remote is such a fresh take... :)

I remember the first time I held one in my hand.

It just felt so perfect. :yesnod:

It is nice seeing companies complement each other indeed.
Nice find.

It took me a bit to get used to the Wiimote for some games, but now I really enjoy using it.

Cpt.McCloud said:
It's nice to see companies complementing each other especially when they're strong rivals.

Well, he isn't actually with Sony anymore, but I guess it's still nice to hear Harrison same something that complimented Wii.

iOwnage said:
Well, he isn't actually with Sony anymore, but I guess it's still nice to hear Harrison same something that complimented Wii.

Right but he was in a position of bitter rivalry mere days ago pretty much.

But thats the game isn't it? Every Console employee is a "FanBoy" the minute they punch in for work! ha ha you have to Rep only your console and Bash everyone elses for not being like yours!

Cool to see him think nicely of the white box, weather he means it is another story. Truth is Sony is gonna be downsizing more unless sales pick up, the only one in a hiring mode will be Nintendo.. ha ha

I'm sure he didn't get any kind of pay raise with a position at Atari, he is just setting himself up for a better paycheck in the future. Can't blame him for that though its all part of the industry.

Last edited:
Which is why you should never listen to MS/Sony/Nintendo people when they talk about other consoles or their own because they are biased.

T3kNi9e said:
Which is why you should never listen to MS/Sony/Nintendo people when they talk about other consoles or their own because they are biased.
But he was saying good things about a rival's console... if he was biased he would say it sucked.

The point is they are willing to say anything for or agenst a console when it comes to the money in there own pocket.

Being he is no longer with Sony he might have just said it to get in the good graces of Nintendo to open a door in the future for a career there aswell.

No matter what position he took at Atari it's a step back from a position at any of the "Big 3" console companys. Atari is a shadow of what it use to be it doesn't have a huge influence in the market anymore.

^Exactly, I wasn't saying Phil was lying when he said that. I mean for when he was working for Sony. If someone at Sony says "PS3 bla bla bla" chances are he is lying to make Sony look good. Also if someone at Sony says "Wii bla bla bla" chances are he's going to try and talk down on the console. So you don't listen to them.

I was apprehensive at first, but having control over your console sit lightly and comfortable just makes so much more sense than two handed gripping a small device double-handed in front of you.

The ability to use a single hand to work, only use two hands when necessary and even then having the freedom to move your arms and hands independently to your preference when it is necessary to play with both hands just make the Wii a joy to use. I still love my 360, but the Wii is my main console and my family console. I'm really only using my 360 for specific titles and occasionaly for some other LIVE content.
I use my Wii to pop on and play for a bit, check the news and weather, and even skim my work email through my web browser at various times on nights and weekends so I don't have to tie myself to my desktop PC or drag a laptop around if not necessary.

With all honesty, there's may reasons that the technologically weakest console on the market also controls the market right now...and Wii-mote is one of those reasons.

ScuzzBuster said:
I was apprehensive at first, but having control over your console sit lightly and comfortable just makes so much more sense than two handed gripping a small device double-handed in front of you.

The ability to use a single hand to work, only use two hands when necessary and even then having the freedom to move your arms and hands independently to your preference when it is necessary to play with both hands just make the Wii a joy to use. I still love my 360, but the Wii is my main console and my family console. I'm really only using my 360 for specific titles and occasionaly for some other LIVE content.
I use my Wii to pop on and play for a bit, check the news and weather, and even skim my work email through my web browser at various times on nights and weekends so I don't have to tie myself to my desktop PC or drag a laptop around if not necessary.

With all honesty, there's may reasons that the technologically weakest console on the market also controls the market right now...and Wii-mote is one of those reasons.

THANK YOU!! I'm tired of fanboys who just don't seem to understand human nature. "Why use motion controls when pushing a button works too?", "motion controls is teH sUxXorZZ", "But the PS3 controls is OMG teH GraphiXX!!" blah blah F***in' blah.

You have to wonder about Phil though. What do you think would have happened if he said this when he was still employed by Sony?? And how long do you think he's felt this way??

Back