harry potter 7 discussion

freakpizzaboy

Aliens Exist
Feb 8, 2007
Massachusetts
read it in 2 days please use spoiler buttons if needed
i didn't like the ending, he ends up a soccer dad!? what about headmaster, or an auror!? how come dobby gets a 3 page burial and george(or fred?) get 3 seconds! overall pretty chill/good though

I also read it in about 2 days....I thought it was a good way of ending the series, but the final chaptor (or epilogue), entitled "nineteen years later" could have been longer, because it wasn't that interesting.

freakpizzaboy said:
i didn't like the ending, he ends up a soccer dad!? what about headmaster, or an auror!? how come dobby gets a 3 page burial and george(or fred?) get 3 seconds! overall pretty chill/good though

At least that's better than Remus and Tonks! I was devastated when they died! And they got a brief mention only!

I was sadder at Dobby dying than Fred.

Harry could be an auror, it is unclear what his profession is at the end.

But yeah I had to read it within 14 hours because school went back the next day and I knew some jerks would have looked up the plot on Wikipedia and would try to ruin it for everyone else. Which of course, happened.

yay, I can finally release my rant!

first...what ever happened to him being an animagus?

second....the locket being around his chest, infused with part of a dark lord's soul, changing it's grip at will, and affecting his energy, and spirits...uh....sorry, been done before... it's called LOTR

third...again, lotr. A siege doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the harry potter series....it's too...big....

fourth...ron and hermione's kid's names suck

fifth, books getting quite vulgar in comparison. Read book one, and then 7 right after. it's hilarious. This is the first time she's ever used the adjective "effing"

sixth: the cloak..... in book one, ron instantly recognizes as "whoa, that's an invisibility cloak", then now, it's supposed to be a legendary item, one of a kind? sorry rowling, you suck. lol

seventh: fiendfyre? just a LITTLE bit coincidential? oh yeah, the biggest retarded wizard just randomly learned a dark, uncontrollable curse, that, wait a second, just so happens to be able to destroy horcruxes!

eighth: harry should have died..... too many people knew he was a horcrux.....absolutely no *gasp* at all...

side-note: britishisms are hilarious, my list of funny words and phrases from across the pond.

1. Snog...seriously...you guys use this?
2. row
3. straightaway
4. the use of the word "impregnated", I know I, as a 16 year old, use this world quite a lot :scared:

will edit with more later....

Last edited:
I got it Friday at Midnight had it finished at 530am monday morning. It was the best so far
, but I was very disappointed by the way snape died, it was so anti climatic. It made me feel like harry was a little b*tch for just sitting there watching. I loved the ending though. 19 years later and finally Harry can just be normal. He get's Ginny and doesn't have to worry about Ron c*ck blocking him like he did on Harry's 17th birthday

Ok you a`re all competitng for who finished it first
it took me two-three hours
And I was completely happy with it all

i got it Thursday afternoon and finished saturday morning.
I was satisfied with everything except
Epilouge should have been longer. it was only like 5 pages long. I only found out that Ron and Harry were Aurors because they interviewed Rowling. Hermione was head of defense or something like that

But still, probably the best book I've read

Brawny said:

first...what ever happened to him being an animagus?

second....the locket being around his chest, infused with part of a dark lord's soul, changing it's grip at will, and affecting his energy, and spirits...uh....sorry, been done before... it's called LOTR

third...again, lotr. A siege doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the harry potter series....it's too...big....

fourth...ron and hermione's kid's names suck

fifth, books getting quite vulgar in comparison. Read book one, and then 7 right after. it's hilarious. This is the first time she's ever used the adjective "effing"

sixth: the cloak..... in book one, ron instantly recognizes as "whoa, that's an invisibility cloak", then now, it's supposed to be a legendary item, one of a kind? sorry rowling, you suck. lol

seventh: fiendfyre? just a LITTLE bit coincidential? oh yeah, the biggest retarded wizard just randomly learned a dark, uncontrollable curse, that, wait a second, just so happens to be able to destroy horcruxes!

eighth: harry should have died..... too many people knew he was a horcrux.....absolutely no *gasp* at all...

side-note: britishisms are hilarious, my list of funny words and phrases from across the pond.

2. row
3. straightaway
4. the use of the word "impregnated", I know I, as a 16 year old, use this world quite a lot :scared:

What great author hasn't borrowed stuff from other authors?
And yes, britishisms are hilarious

Brawny said:

first...what ever happened to him being an animagus? Harry was never an animagus.

second....the locket being around his chest, infused with part of a dark lord's soul, changing it's grip at will, and affecting his energy, and spirits...uh....sorry, been done before... it's called LOTR I wouldn't know, I could never stand the Lord of the Rings books. Sooo boring. So I suppose HP and LOTR can't be too similar...

third...again, lotr. A siege doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the harry potter series....it's too...big....Lets see, the darkest wizard of all time is about to rise to full power... Hmm... I think that a few people would turn up to try and stop him.

fourth...ron and hermione's kid's names suckDoes that really effect you and/or the book that much?

fifth, books getting quite vulgar in comparison. Read book one, and then 7 right after. it's hilarious. This is the first time she's ever used the adjective "effing"Wow, such vulgar language. (sarcasm). You may notice, however, that Harry, Ron and Hermione are all quite a bit older. And maybe the original readers are a bit older too, and just MAYBE JK Rowling is still trying to appeal to them, so she doesn't see "effing" as taboo.

sixth: the cloak..... in book one, ron instantly recognizes as "whoa, that's an invisibility cloak", then now, it's supposed to be a legendary item, one of a kind? sorry rowling, you suck. lolThere are heaps of invisibilty cloaks in the world. Most of them just are normal cloaks with charms on them, though. What made Harry's special was that he was completely invisible and the cloak would never run out.

seventh: fiendfyre? just a LITTLE bit coincidential? oh yeah, the biggest retarded wizard just randomly learned a dark, uncontrollable curse, that, wait a second, just so happens to be able to destroy horcruxes!He was being taught the Dark Arts by a Death Eater. Also, his father is a death eater. Also, if you noticed, he WASN'T good enough a wizard to control the curse.

eighth: harry should have died..... too many people knew he was a horcrux.....absolutely no *gasp* at all...I kind of agree with this one...

2. row
3. straightaway

^^ Edited inside.

I loveed the ending it was great, however Voldemort's death scene wasn't upto stracth. I mean fans have been waiting for all 7 books to see the demise of He Who must not be named and his death scene is below par.
The best scene however would be when Voldemort cracks open Dumbeldore's tomb and you see his decaying body holding the Elder wand, truly great scene.

Who thinks Rowling should've made another chapter for what happened after
Voldemort's death.

Like did the trio go back to Hogwarts? What happened with the Ministry? Relationships between characters. What happend with Hogwarts?

question:
how come draco malfoy was the true master of the elder wand? i think i missed somethin when i read that

an also on a personal note, does ron annoy anyone else? how the f*ck did he ever get hermione?? harry should of pimped hermione, ginny, an cho! what is ronald weasley please??

Back