Having BIG Problems

redhotrikk

WiiChat Member
Jul 21, 2007
Okay, here we go, I bought the Wii/DS wi-fi USB dongle and tried to install it, let me tell you what happened.....

Right, I am connected to the internet via a Broadband connection supplied by what was Blueyonder, now Virgin media, this connection runs into my PC Via the Ethernet Cable that is linked to my Broadband Modem.......

right, here is what happens.....

1. I start up the software to install my Wi-Fi dongle with the dongle not yet connected, it says it is installing the drivers and then asks me to plug in the dongle, this, I do.......

after about 20 seconds of slowly going up the completion bar (where it says "setting up connection sharing" )it comes up with an error message telling me to insert the USB wi-fi dongle...... whether I take it out and put it back in or just click okay, it gives me an application error.....

Let me see if I can get some screen shots... (there should be some below now as I am typing)

if anyone can help me please this would be a great help :)

Attachments

• connect1.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
  • connect2.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • connect3.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
redhotrikk said:
Okay, here we go, I bought the Wii/DS wi-fi USB dongle and tried to install it, let me tell you what happened.....

Right, I am connected to the internet via a Broadband connection supplied by what was Blueyonder, now Virgin media, this connection runs into my PC Via the Ethernet Cable that is linked to my Broadband Modem.......

right, here is what happens.....

1. I start up the software to install my Wi-Fi dongle with the dongle not yet connected, it says it is installing the drivers and then asks me to plug in the dongle, this, I do.......

after about 20 seconds of slowly going up the completion bar (where it says "setting up connection sharing" )it comes up with an error message telling me to insert the USB wi-fi dongle...... whether I take it out and put it back in or just click okay, it gives me an application error.....

Let me see if I can get some screen shots... (there should be some below now as I am typing)

if anyone can help me please this would be a great help :)
it may be virgin media, i was on NTL (now virgin media) and thay are verry bad to work with

EDIT: ok so i actually read your post and i honestly don't have a clue, try replacing it

Last edited:
thing is that it isn't picking up the dongle, if you look at the pics....

says I need to plug it in when it is already plugged in so it must be a fault with the software (which I have used from manufacturers disc AND downloaded from Nintendo) or it is the dongle itself, unless there is something I don't know

redhotrikk said:
thing is that it isn't picking up the dongle, if you look at the pics....

says I need to plug it in when it is already plugged in so it must be a fault with the software (which I have used from manufacturers disc AND downloaded from Nintendo) or it is the dongle itself, unless there is something I don't know
well the screenshots just appear as s load of random letters to me so i couldnnt see 'em, but try checking weather the USB ports aren't too loose (sometimes USB devices can slip a bit and unplug)

have tried using all 6 USB ports on my computer and nothing, I am guessing either the dongle is screwed or the software is bollocksed lol

For all those who can't get into those attachments, here are some more

-THIS IS THE PROGRAM WORKING-

connect1.jpg

-THEN THIS HAPPENS-

connect2.jpg

-WHETHER I CLICK OKAY OR DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT, I GET THIS-

connect3.jpg

I would take it back and get a LAN adapter and go with a wired connection, this is much easier. Or maybe get a router for a little more and go wireless with everything. With only a LAN adapter you will have to disconnect your PC every time and unplug your modem as well to reset its applications, so the router is really the way to go. Sorry if this isn't what you wanna hear, but the Wifi dongle seems like a bust to me.

WiiBad said:
I would take it back and get a LAN adapter and go with a wired connection, this is much easier. Or maybe get a router for a little more and go wireless with everything. With only a LAN adapter you will have to disconnect your PC every time and unplug your modem as well to reset its applications, so the router is really the way to go. Sorry if this isn't what you wanna hear, but the Wifi dongle seems like a bust to me.

Actually, this is the most helpful advise I've had from anyone so thanks, I will go for that option, I wanted to go wireless anyway truth be told :)

Back