Error 221000

HRL

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2007
Anyone else familiar with this error code?

I use TalkTalk broadband through a SpeedTouch ADSL USB modem.

Setup my connection with the Nintento Wii/DS USB Wifi dongle, established a connection immediately with a successful connection test.

Was prompted to download the latest Wii update so I went ahead and downloaded it. Update successful.

Problem is now whenever I attempt to get online I'm told to agree to the Wii Network Services Agreement, then it attempts to connect to the Internet, thinks about it for 2-3 minutes and then comes back with the 221000 error.

Tried changing the channels on the dongle from 1 through to 14 but without success. It's driving me crazy. How can something so simple to setup not work???

Change to channel 11, It's the best one. If that doesn't work, contact Nintendo.
:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll try it again tonight.

Spoke to Nintendo yesterday and they told me that it's an error code they are not familiar with...

Well if they're not, who the hell would be! You think they'd have a complete list of error codes wouldn't you. :mad5:

If only it were that simple. Error 221000 isn't listed.

Appreciate you trying anyway. :smilewinkgrin:

I bought a Wii to relax with but it's been nothing but stress since Saturday.

Hum.. have you installed the necessary drivers on your computer, and are you running the dongle software on your computer?

BINGO! :yesnod:

Anyone else having similar problems, take a look at that link above that I posted and add the ports, IP's and Subnets to the Wii Wifi application Exception in Windows XP Firewall.

Worked a treat. :wink:

I've got the same problem, i'm trying to fix it. I changed my channel so far and i'm gonna test it today night. Thanks for the link, it might help.

It helped establish a connection and everything seemed to work.

Turned out that I couldn't download things from the shop though.

Took the WiFi kit back to GAME and then went out and bought a Netgear DG834G router from Argos instead. Set up and working within 15 mins, and no problems ever since.

If you still have further problems with the Nintendo kit I'd take it back.

I brought my Router from PC World and it worked with my Nintendo DS. My Wii connect 24 worked before but i couldn't send messsages so i tried to fix it and it didn't work. all i did was turned it of and then on again.

Back