HD TV with Wii

iag25

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Hey guys I heard that the Wii lags when it uses a HD TV. Is this because of the resolution ? I ask because I might want to buy a widescreen LCD HD but still want the wii to run smoothly on it.

well i have hd tv and wii runs smooth without any cables. however if u buy component cables, u will have to change the option from 480i to 480p by going into the wii options. thats all i know.

It depends mostly on the HDTV, and most newer models should not have a problem.

The problem is that some HDTVs take a little longer to rescale the signal to the TV's native resolution, creating a big of lag. Some TVs have a game mode that reduces that lag, and many TVs don't have the problem at all (or the lag is so small that it's not noticeable)

I have a Pioneer 5080HD Kuro Plasma. I don't notice any lag compared to a normal CRT. Make sure you get yourself some component cables and change your Wii settings to 480p widescreen. It makes the picture much sharper. You also may cut down on the minuscule lag times because your TV won't have to de-interlace the picture.

156" Infocus projector here, no lag whatsoever.

although positioning the sensor bar gets kinda tricky ;)

Last edited:
don't get any kind of aqous from sharp. i have a 37'' one and it lags terribly so i have to use my sdtv.

Back