Wii HD help please

Binski

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2011
Michigan
I have a vizio led lcd hd tv with the hd componet cables hooked up not the av cables. I turn it to the componet station that the wii plays on and it says 480p sd on the tv shouldn't it say 480p hd? I changed all the wii settings to widescreen and edtv/hdtv already and the graphics are a lil blurry certainly not hd looks better on my old sd tv. Is it supposed to be that way I heard the wii isn't great for hd tv but can it really be that blurry looking? I dunno that's why I'm asking you fine folks.

i don't know first hand, but from www.nintendo.com "just because your tv has these inputs, it does not mean it can display inputs in progressive scan."

check the tv manual. personally i would reccomend using an older tv as wii in hd isn't all that great....

No, 480p is Standard Definition. Wii is not HD capable and yes, graphics can tend to look blurry. Thats only because your HDTV is stretching a smaller image to match your TVs resolution size. 720p is HD, 1080p is Full HD, and Wii does not support HD.

480p SD = Standard Definition

Last edited:
Back