Hd Tv

dogayonv

WiiChat Member
Apr 19, 2007
FLA
Wii Online Code
6791-2451-5102-9015
Hey Guys I was wondering how many of you use a HD tv hooked up to a computer? Im looking into getting a 47" or larger sized HDTV 1080p And I want to hook the wii to it and my computer. Right now I run 1280x1024 rez on my monitor I know this is NOT as high a resolution as my computer or monitor can handle or the HDtv Ill get.

Where Im getting at is I have hooked my computer to differnt types of monitors in the past and I could tell a differnce from my monitor and the others some have a poor picture. Now that being said I have NEVER hooked my computer to HDTV before. Im hoping to have a Large 47+ inch Monitor/TV/Gaming console in one. Anyway else use HDTV for Monitor for comp? Let me know please.

Thanks in advance

47" computer monitor, hahaha thats just silly. because computer resoloutions don't go high enough to make it worth it. honestly.

Gaz said:
47" computer monitor, hahaha thats just silly. because computer resoloutions don't go high enough to make it worth it. honestly.

The computer can go higher than that HD TV can, that isnt the problem. All I want to know is if I use HDTV hooked to the computer will it look crisp and sharp?

dogayonv said:
The computer can go higher than that HD TV can, that isnt the problem.
no it can't!

a HDTV can be used with a computer as long as it has a DVI or VGA port.

Gaz said:
no it can't!

a HDTV can be used with a computer as long as it has a DVI or VGA port.

What are you talking about it cant, My computer can do 2560x1600 HDTV cannot. Why are you arguing about what my computer can do? My question
is will hdtv looks sharp and crisp when used as a monitor. Stop picking fights with me Lol

dogayonv said:
What are you talking about it cant, My computer can do 2560x1600 HDTV cannot. Why are you arguing about what my computer can do? My question
is will hdtv looks sharp and crisp when used as a monitor. Stop picking fights with me Lol
i ain't picking fights. i'm stating facts. a 37" TV isn't going to make a good monitor, weither or not its HD

kids these days pfft.

Gaz said:
i ain't picking fights. i'm stating facts. a 37" TV isn't going to make a good monitor, weither or not its HD

kids these days pfft.

Your 19, Im 36. I was asking for advice from someone who has done this. Now I see why many people leave this WiiChat because people Talk about things they have never tried and pick fights.

I never owned a HDTV thats why I was hoping to find someone who has one and has tried this. Please in the future dont talk about things you havent tried. Also there is HD Monitors Made by Westing house. But I was refering to tv. Something I never had and looking into.

Anyone more friendly please answer my question.

just get a really big lcd monitor that doubles as your monitor + gaming screen. no need to get a hdtv.

Sovieto said:
just get a really big lcd monitor that doubles as your monitor + gaming screen. no need to get a hdtv.

Its a LCD HDTV and i wanted tv because I planned on watching tv. Thanks tho I guess I can always return it if it doesnt do well enough

dogayonv said:
Your 19, Im 36. I was asking for advice from someone who has done this. Now I see why many people leave this WiiChat because people Talk about things they have never tried and pick fights.

I never owned a HDTV thats why I was hoping to find someone who has one and has tried this. Please in the future dont talk about things you havent tried. Also there is HD Monitors Made by Westing house. But I was refering to tv. Something I never had and looking into.

Anyone more friendly please answer my question.
act your age then not your shoe size.

i've used a widescreen HDTV as a monitor before. so before you go saying that i havn't tried it, how about you ask if i have! i'm giving you my honest opinion as well as a known truth, i'm not saying anything against it being HD, more the fact of the size. 30" is deamed the max, and possibly to big. The resoulutions wouldn't really go high enough to make it worth it, it would be like having a 19" monitor running 640 by 400 on it.

if your only getting it because it's a TV, then why not get a slightly smaller monitor and then get a TV tuner for your computer, which infact will be better than just buying a TV and plugging an areial in it.

My 42" plasma has VGA input and until recently that is what I used for my XBOX360 (looked great!). Just match the native resolution of the TV and your computer and it will look fine.

your PC will look fine on it, don't worry.
your gfx card does have the ability to go beyond HDTV resolutions, I understand what you were trying to say.

Look at it this way, hi-def TV (broadcast, BD, HD-DVD etc) is 1920x1080 (discounting 720p), that looks great on massive TV's (50" upwards)

I have my PC hooked up to a 20" monitor as well as a 37" HDTV (via DVI -> HDMI) I watch movies etc (HDTV, BD & HD-DVD) on the TV through the PC but any icons and windows I open on the TV look fine

Back