Hello

@Arceus: I'm quite aware how unhealthy it is. I didn't do it on purpose =[

Hopefully I'll crash ANNNNY second now =P

@SSBFreak: Seriously...that would be awesome.

Crash? are you in a car? This is what i assume...and if my assumption is valid i suggest you power down your portable computer and pay attention to the road. Unless you are mentally ill.

Crash as in fall asleep without warning. I'm in my room at my house safe and sound, I can assure you.

welcome to wiichat! there's a lot of cod players out here, xD sadly, im not one of them, but will be in the near future :lol:
It's pretty cool so far, getting used to the controls or the Wap Zapper/Gun-thing (which I stopped trying to use, such a pain) was different, but in a good way. I think you'll like it ^^

Greetings fellow gamer. First off let me welcome you by saying, hope you have a fun time here at the forums! Now, what i would like to know is how long you have been gaming for? therefore i can determine your range of gaming knowledge
Well this would be my first online system, other than PSP and DS, but I've been playing since I was 5 with the Gameboy Color.

Hey buddy how's it going? I'm your friendly (and supa sleep deprived) neighborhood gamer, S.S.

Call me Brad or Kaos or SS, I don't care.

At any rate, what consoles do you have and what are some of your favorite games?

Hi Brad.

As of right now I have a DS, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, N64, and a Wii. I like Kingdom Hearts, it's my favorite game series. Mario Kart is pretty sweet, I haven't really tried it out much for the Wii, but I'm planning on it pretty soon. I'm in to Call of Duty 4 (as I mentioned ealier). I'm enjoying playing Pikmin as well, since I just brought the Wii version and I never had it for the Game Cube. I play Pokemon (I have D/P/Pl) occasionally.

Very nice. I can see us being friends already despite the fact that I don't own a PS2 and therefore only briefly played the Kingdom Hearts games. I just got Platinum a couple of days ago and I love Pikmin. How is the New Play Control version? And as for your PSP, would you happen to have Megaman Powered Up? That game is tons of fun. As for Call of Duty...well, I have the 360 version so I may be able to give you campaign pointers if you need them but that's about it.

I feel I must also make special mention of your proper spelling and grammar. Quite the refreshing newbie. =]

@SSBFreak: Yay for going over 48 hours with no sleep followed by an 8 hour shift at work! WHOOOO! Wait...that's bad...

It's not that bad actually, I found it rather enjoyable on the whole. It was weird getting use to (probably cause I'm still getting use to the Wii and my mental-challenged sensor bar (darn, I should have made my username Sensor Bar Failing, lol, oh well.)

On a side note to your comment about my grammar, some background info: I actually spent some time as a news paper editor in high school, so grammar was beating into me (and if they majored in High School, my courses would have made me in English major since I took almost every English class).

@Arceus: I'm quite aware how unhealthy it is. I didn't do it on purpose =[

Hopefully I'll crash ANNNNY second now =P

@SSBFreak: Seriously...that would be awesome.

Crash? are you in a car? This is what i assume...and if my assumption is valid i suggest you power down your portable computer and pay attention to the road. Unless you are mentally ill.

Crash as in fall asleep without warning. I'm in my room at my house safe and sound, I can assure you.
Well... i have never heard that slang definition for "crash" before. Good thing you are safe.

welcome to wiichat! there's a lot of cod players out here, xD sadly, im not one of them, but will be in the near future :lol:
It's pretty cool so far, getting used to the controls or the Wap Zapper/Gun-thing (which I stopped trying to use, such a pain) was different, but in a good way. I think you'll like it ^^

Greetings fellow gamer. First off let me welcome you by saying, hope you have a fun time here at the forums! Now, what i would like to know is how long you have been gaming for? therefore i can determine your range of gaming knowledge
Well this would be my first online system, other than PSP and DS, but I've been playing since I was 5 with the Gameboy Color.

Hi Brad.

As of right now I have a DS, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, N64, and a Wii. I like Kingdom Hearts, it's my favorite game series. Mario Kart is pretty sweet, I haven't really tried it out much for the Wii, but I'm planning on it pretty soon. I'm in to Call of Duty 4 (as I mentioned ealier). I'm enjoying playing Pikmin as well, since I just brought the Wii version and I never had it for the Game Cube. I play Pokemon (I have D/P/Pl) occasionally.

Very nice. I can see us being friends already despite the fact that I don't own a PS2 and therefore only briefly played the Kingdom Hearts games. I just got Platinum a couple of days ago and I love Pikmin. How is the New Play Control version? And as for your PSP, would you happen to have Megaman Powered Up? That game is tons of fun. As for Call of Duty...well, I have the 360 version so I may be able to give you campaign pointers if you need them but that's about it.

I feel I must also make special mention of your proper spelling and grammar. Quite the refreshing newbie. =]

@SSBFreak: Yay for going over 48 hours with no sleep followed by an 8 hour shift at work! WHOOOO! Wait...that's bad...

It's not that bad actually, I found it rather enjoyable on the whole. It was weird getting use to (probably cause I'm still getting use to the Wii and my mental-challenged sensor bar (darn, I should have made my username Sensor Bar Failing, lol, oh well.)

On a side note to your comment about my grammar, some background info: I actually spent some time as a news paper editor in high school, so grammar was beating into me (and if they majored in High School, my courses would have made me in English major since I took almost every English class).
Oh! what classes did you take? English is a fascinating subject is it not?

i hated the wii/zapper thing. Dx I used it to play Brothers in Arms, and it was just hard. I'd perfer my ps2, hell, i'd perfer the iTouch's version, rather than the wii. :lol:
it is spelled, 'Prefer' my good man.

Although playing shooters on the wii is a challenge, once you get accustomed to it, it is like playing a shooter on anything else (besides the xbox360 of course...that is completely different)

Oh I'm sure the controls are fine, but I already have a version with better graphics, no missing missions, and better online so I'mma stick with my 360 on that one.

As for your grammar, that's pretty cool. Either way I'm glad you type like a literate human being no matter what the reason =P

Oh I'm sure the controls are fine, but I already have a version with better graphics, no missing missions, and better online so I'mma stick with my 360 on that one.

As for your grammar, that's pretty cool. Either way I'm glad you type like a literate human being no matter what the reason =P

xD, it's probably my southern accent. We say it like purr-fer, while others say pri-fer. xD :lol: I was so close to getting the 360.. So freakin' close.. :lol:

My name is Josh, I found this place looking for a website to help out with my Call of Duty 4 (for the Wii, great game) skills. I just got the Wii about 2 weeks ago, but I've had almost every Nintendo system. I go under the username Darkness for Call of Duty 4.

Umm...I guess just ask what you want to know since introductions where never my thing

Welcome to wiichat. Go to the cod of duty forums of cource for info/fcs and shite..
http://www.wiichat.com/call-duty/?daysprune=-1
And cool username, i go by the name default since i dont have the game. Hope you enjoy the forums.:).
Thank You =)

I like Kingdom Hearts, it's my favorite game series. Mario Kart is pretty sweet. I'm in to Call of Duty 4 (as I mentioned ealier). I play Pokemon (I have D/P/Pl) occasionally.

Epic taste in games. :thumbsup: I'm a Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon fan myself. I'd be a COD junkie too, but with lack of Xbox Live, I'm not touching Modern Warfare 2. I'm a bit hesitant about COD4 on the Wii, too. Waiting for a COD game that uses motion plus/gamecube controller.

... You're lucky you've got a PSP. I don't have one, so I'm assed out for Birth By Sleep. .-.

I could never actually get into kingdom hearts. it seems like it would not occupy my time enough.

I like Kingdom Hearts, it's my favorite game series. Mario Kart is pretty sweet. I'm in to Call of Duty 4 (as I mentioned ealier). I play Pokemon (I have D/P/Pl) occasionally.

Epic taste in games. :thumbsup: I'm a Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon fan myself. I'd be a COD junkie too, but with lack of Xbox Live, I'm not touching Modern Warfare 2. I'm a bit hesitant about COD4 on the Wii, too. Waiting for a COD game that uses motion plus/gamecube controller.

... You're lucky you've got a PSP. I don't have one, so I'm assed out for Birth By Sleep. .-.

I'm hoping to get a new one (assuming I can finally get a job, being in Michigan is the worst idea ever, oh well) with BBS comes out. The one I have is a 2000 and the screen asks up. BBS though looks amazing 45 hours of game play (for just story mode) and multiplayer, I think I'll be taking my PSP to my college classes with me.

If only that was a staple capability in newbies Wiichat usually sees...
That bad?

I took the Standard (for my high school) English 9,10,11. Advanced Placement, Sci Fi, Mythology, Expository Writing for College, Journalism, and I was on Newspaper for 2 years, one of which I was an editor. So far in college (which I start semester 2 on the 12th) I've taken English 101, and I have English 102. It is, I reading and writing to express myself in different creative ways.

i hated the wii/zapper thing. Dx I used it to play Brothers in Arms, and it was just hard. I'd perfer my ps2, hell, i'd perfer the iTouch's version, rather than the wii. :lol:
Right, though in CoD4 for the PS3 (my friend has MW and just got MW2 for Christmas) I get InstaPwn'd

Last edited:

I assume since your post was below mine, you were addressing me.
Thank you. I was raised not to speak without mind.

My name is Josh, I found this place looking for a website to help out with my Call of Duty 4 (for the Wii, great game) skills. I just got the Wii about 2 weeks ago, but I've had almost every Nintendo system. I go under the username Darkness for Call of Duty 4.

Umm...I guess just ask what you want to know since introductions where never my thing

Welcome to wiichat. Go to the cod of duty forums of cource for info/fcs and shite..
http://www.wiichat.com/call-duty/?daysprune=-1
And cool username, i go by the name default since i dont have the game. Hope you enjoy the forums.:).
Thank You =)

That bad?

I took the Standard (for my high school) English 9,10,11. Advanced Placement, Sci Fi, Mythology, Expository Writing for College, Journalism, and I was on Newspaper for 2 years, one of which I was an editor. So far in college (which I start semester 2 on the 12th) I've taken English 101, and I have English 102. It is, I reading and writing to express myself in different creative ways.

Right, though in CoD4 for the PS3 (my friend has MW and just got MW2 for Christmas) I get InstaPwn'd
Well it appears you have quite a resume. Although slightly impressive, the availability of jobs to people ratio is somewhat off...so you will have to be a complete over-achiever to get hired. According to what you have told me you will do nicely if you are planning on pursuing a career involving a newspaper. Though earlier i failed to take into account that our planet is slowly being swallowed by technology, soon enough all news will be available through phones and internet access, with the conclusion of no more newspapers.

That bad?

Ya, that bad. Take a look at sir-spams-a-lot, for example. :p

All jokes aside, nearly all of the new members have some sort of problem with their grammar or spelling. The best example is your typical newbie using a single period after an entire paragraph worth of words... Kills your eyes to read, really.

That, is a lot of english. I'd be driven insane if I had to deal with english that often; it's certainly not my favorite subject, high grades or not.

... Then again, school itself isn't my favorite aspect of life. :lol:

According to what you have told me you will do nicely if you are planning on pursuing a career involving a newspaper. Though earlier i failed to take into account that our planet is slowly being swallowed by technology, soon enough all news will be available through phones and internet access, with the conclusion of no more newspapers.

I'd only assume that online newletters, articles, or things of that sort would have similar requirements to that of a newspaper related job. That brings up an interesting question, though... How do average newspaper job salaries compare to it's online counterpart?

Last edited:
Fiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * TeFiji Petrel From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Fiji Petrel Conservation status Critically Endangered (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Aves Order: Procellariiformes Family: Procellariidae Genus: Pseudobulweria Species: P. macgillivrayi Binomial name Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi Synonyms Pterodroma macgillivrayi (Gray, 1860) The Fiji Petrel (Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi), also known as MacGillivray's Petrel, is a small, dark gadfly petrel. The Fiji Petrel was originally known from one immature specimen found in 1855 on Gau Island, Fiji by naturalist John MacGillivray on board 'HMS Herald' who took the carcass to the British Museum in London. It was rediscovered in 1983, since when there have been a further seven records, which included the capture and photographing of one adult in April 1984. This species is classified as critically endangered as it is inferred from the number of records that there is a tiny population confined to a small breeding area. This bird is described as being 30cm tall dark with chocolate-coloured feathers, a dark eye and bill and pale blue foot patches. It may be seen in waters around Gau Island but is believed to disperse to pelagic waters far from the island. The rarity and significance of this species is known to local residents of Gau and it is featured on a Fijian bank note, as well as featuring in the logo for now-defunct Air Fiji. It is protected under Fijian law. In 1989, research on the ridge around possible nesting areas was terminated since it was felt that such activities, without complementary conservation action, could encourage cats to follow paths into the area. In August 2007, a recent skin of an injured Fiji Petrel, that subsequently died was made available for study in Fiji. In May 2009, the first photographs of the bird at sea were taken approximately 25 nautical miles south of Gau Island.[1] [edit] References * BirdLife International (2006). Pseudobulweria macgillivrayi. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 05 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is critically endangered * BirdLife International Species Factsheet * Fiji Millennium Stamps produced by Fiji Post [1] Downloaded 23 December 2007 * Nature Fiji News on the Fiji Petral skin [2] Downloaded 23 December 2007 1. ^ BBC report of Gau sighting Stub icon This Procellariiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Stub icon This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji_Petrel" Categories: IUCN Red List critically endangered species | Procellariiformes stubs | Pseudobulweria | Birds of Fiji | Fiji stubs Views * Article * Discussion * Edit this page * History Personal tools * Try Beta * Log in / create account Navigation * Main page * Contents * Featured content * Current events * Random article Search Interaction * About Wikipedia * Community portal * Recent changes * Contact Wikipedia * Donate to Wikipedia * Help Toolbox * What links here * Related changes * Upload file * Special pages * Printable version * Permanent link * Cite this page Languages * Deutsch * Español * Hrvatski * Nederlands * Suomi * Svenska * தமிழ் Powered by MediaWiki Wikimedia Foundation * This page was last modified on 29 December 2009 at 21:44. * Te
I am asking a favor of moderators and/or administrators, please IP ban this person.

Back