help with the SD CARD!

Hairhelmet

zombie warrior
Apr 18, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Okay, so today i bought a SD card for the wii, its even the brand for the wii.
so i could download a save game for resident evil 4

well i downloaded one from gamefaqs and well i draged it to the card.
then i put it in my wii, but nothing shows up!

what am i doing wrong!!!:mad2:

Was it formatted for the Wii first? Not sure you can do what you are trying. I know you can't on the 360, they tie the save to your gamertag, I'd guess the Wii ties it to your console friend code...

Was it formatted for the Wii first? Not sure you can do what you are trying. I know you can't on the 360, they tie the save to your gamertag, I'd guess the Wii ties it to your console friend code...

why would people put up the save games if you cant do it, i know you can, i just need some help/

Where did you download the save from?
The file has to be titled "data.bin", and it has to be under a specific folder structure.
I made a thread about it awhile ago, here's the link:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/43754-transferring-save-files.html

The save game has to be on the SD card in this folder structure:
\private\wii\title\GAME TITLE\data.bin

GAME TITLE refers to the code for that specific game. The code for RE4 is RB4E or RB4P. If you're game is NTSC (american) use RB4E, if it's PAL (european) use RB4P.

Last edited:
The only games you can download and play on the Wii are games you downloaded FROM the Wii

Im not trying to download a game a put it on the wii! Im trying to download a re4 save game! and put it on the wii soi have everything unlocked!

Im im not trying to sound rude or anything but that dident help at all.

so it has to be titled Data.bin? what kind of "folder structure" does it have to be under?

Sorry, just realized that thread doesn't cover everything. I edited my other post.

heres an idea how bout you dont cheat and just play the game to unlock everything?

well technically i have, i had it once for my PS2 and i had everything unlocked but i had lost my ps2 ver and when i found it, it was all scratched and it froze when i got to the
cabin part with the big fight.

so yeah i got it for the wii so technically i did unlock everything.

k thx rob, but um, where do i put that folder structure or how do i do that, and th GAME TITLE thing is what the samegame i downloaded has to be named?

Click on the SD card icon in your my computer folder. On the SD card, create a folder called "private", in that folder, create a folder called "wii", in there, create a folder called "title", in there, create a folder called "RB4E" (If you live in the US or Canada) or "RB4P" (if you live in Europe or Aus), copy and paste the file titled data.bin in the last folder created.

It's really not that complicated.

Click on the SD card icon in your my computer folder. On the SD card, create a folder called "private", in that folder, create a folder called "wii", in there, create a folder called "title", in there, create a folder called "RB4E" (If you live in the US or Canada) or "RB4P" (if you live in Europe or Aus), copy and paste the file titled data.bin in the last folder created.

It's really not that complicated.

It works now! thanks so much with all of your help! thank tahnk thank you! nig hugs and kisses for you, and also a cookie :p thanks!

Last edited:
Back