Help with trick shots

Doug

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2008
Hey. I want to be able to do some trick shots but some of them I can't seem to emulate what other people do in the YouTube videos.

I can do Belgian/Belgium Waffle, Titan's Serve It Up, Goalie-Hop.

I want to be able to do:
  • Serve It Up (Off the wall above the goalie then rebound it in)
  • Fakie (Drag the goalie out with a deke and lob shoot)
  • Lob shot from center (Midcourt chip)
  • Quick Pick (Interception of your own shot, pass, shoot)
  • Chip and shoot (Chip the ball up in the air next to the goalie with a fast character then run up and shoot in, I call it a double-shot)

I have tried each of these a number of times and I can't get it. I think I'm pressing the wrong buttons. If someone could tell me which buttons combinations to press for each one, when, how long to hold the buttons, and perhaps the easiest character to use.

For example, in order to do serve it up I think you press and hold Z for a fully charged chip, come at the opposing goalie at a 45 degree angle, then release Z at the last moment to rebound the ball against the top of the wall above the goal, then make your way around him, and shoot it in. I have trouble with this trick because the goalie always grabs it in mid-air.

For the fakie, I'm not sure when to deke away from the goalie.

For the lob shot from center (midcourt chip), I have experimented with different distances and angles, and the goalie always seems to catch it.

For the quick pick, I believe you shoot the ball with a tap on B, but making sure that another character is in the path of the ball when shot. Quickly press A afterwards to switch to the character in the path of the ball, and press A again to intercept the shot and pass to another character, and finally press B to shoot it in with the final character.

For the chip and shoot, begin running down the pitch while holding Z to fully charge a chip. Release Z at about mid-court, but keep running forward towards the ball. Just before the goalie grabs it out of mid-air, press B to pump it in the goal.

If I have all of this correct, then I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I just have bad timing.

Quick Pick and CHip and shoot aren't that useful

but if you pm me your code and add me I can show you the others

most trick shots are preformed by hold ing down the Z button for a certain period of time. Each one varying 1 sec, 1.5 sec or max depending on where you are or what you're tryiong to do. The best way to practice is against level 1 computer in domination mode. Classroom is a good place to do this.
Experiment with the z button calibration, timing and placement.

oh and FYI quick picks are some of most devastating moves. They are very useful if you master them, but when first starting out you always begin it with a weak shooter. Start from the corner, but make sure you have a good passer that is able to intercept it to pass it off to whoever is your shooter.
It's very simple. B (shoot) then A (switch character)A again immediately pass to shooter then B to shoot it in.

This vid should help you out with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZpz8B_TUnY

and most definately Chip shots are VERY USEFUL!!! Hold down the Z button to the max ammount of time (around 2 second charge is max) go a little past the half court line and release (you would definately have to practice this to find out exactly when and where to release the Z button). If you get this move down.... eventually, you will be able to preform the insta chip (basically mid court chip when starting off with posession of the ball) one of the most effective moves in MSC (and one of the most annoying lol).

watch this trick vid. There are some more updated tricks you might like when you become advaced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTtJjv8gXU

and feel free to watch some of my MSC matches too if you want to learn other things like how to defend against some of the tricks.:smilewinkgrin:

I agree that quick picks are devastating but I find there success a lot lower if you play anyone decent, like belgian waffle

and even the people who are ridiculous with them are really easy to stop once they do it once

Practice

I have tried each of the shots over and over and I get them correct every so often. Its hard to time it just right. Are there any markers on the fields to tell me at what point to release the ball? Serve It In and Midcourt-chip are the hardest ones for me. I can rarely get the ball released at just the right time and I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to charge the chip for Serve It In.

Back