Help with Wii Remote controls!!! PLEASE!

marianokon

WiiChat Member
Nov 2, 2007
Hi there! I am having problems using more than 1 (yes ONE!) remote control.
When I press the "house" button and select "Configure Wii Controls" and then "Add a new connection" both Remote Controls are succesfully recognized. But as soon as I go back to the Main Menu the 2nd remote control is "off" again (the blue light is off)
The only game that I can use with 2 controls is SPORTS, because it has it's own section, within the game, to add a new control. All other games seem to assume that the controls are there to begin with.
What am I doing wrong? What's going on? HELP!!!!
Thanks!

I had this happen to me before. Just make sure you have the latest system update.

you need to synch them up using the red button located behind the front hatch on the System, and located under the battery cover on the controllers. I think the other methods your using are more of temporary methods like if a friend brought their controller over.

There is detailed instructions of how to do it here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/setupWiiRemote.jsp

Done... after the re-synch... it worked... I was absolutely sure I had done that... I was obvioulsy wrong... :lol:

Thanks!

you need to do what you did before, in the controller configuration and turn on the other controller, just bofore you are about to start a 2 player game,

example

with only one controller synced, go to something like "multiplayer" or "versus" or whatever, and when you are inthere , then thats when you go to the house menu and do what you did before

No, if the controllers are synched right, all you need to do is press a button on them while the system is on. They will get assigned 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the order they get pressed. That is all, no home key or nothing. If you are having to do anything additional ^^ then you need to resynch them up using the hardware, not the software. (the red buttons)

For example, if I turn on the system, and the controller I usually use as first player doesn't get a button pushed before another, than the other controller takes over as first player.

Just trying to help... save you some trouble.

Back