Help

mum

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2007
My little boys birthday is tomorrow and I am having trouble setting up his new Wii. Last night it was working fine but this evening when I have tried to set ujp a second controler it is not registering. I have gone through the setting up procedures again, checked the batteries etc but when I point the controllers I get no response from either!! Any Ideas anyone as he is having a Wii party tomorrow at 1.00pm and I will have 8 unhappy dids if I can't get it working!!! Help!! Is there anything I couyld have done to the sensor bar?

to get the second controller working, click on the home key to get the main menu

then go to the bottom where it says controller settings. go to reconnect and then it will say to press both 1+2 on the wii remote at the same time on the controllers you want to use.

if they register that way that means youre good to go

if youre trying to play say wii sports, you have to go to "more" on the "how many players' section of the game. then press 1+2 at the same time and then VOLA more players up to 4 players :)

hope that helps and happy birthday :)

also, make sure the settings for the sensor bar are exact to its position (ie above the tv or below) that makes a difference too :thumsup:

no, it does not have to do with the sensor bar..

did you sync the controlers on home properly???

tell me exactly how are you trying to sync the second controller?

Theres a sync button on both the wii (theres a flap near where the disc goes) and the wiimote (its near the batterys)
Press them both at the same time

Dont use cheap (10 for a pound) batterys recahrgeables work well (2500s are good)

ANd make sure that the kis where the wrist straps on the wiimotes (for safety)

Hope this helps

To all you lovely people who responded to my cry for help,:wink: a big heartfelt thank you. I managed to get the Wii hand controllers working and my little boy had a great party. He had a Wii tournament with 7 other 8/9 year olds and it was a great sucsess. I will leave all the technical stuff to him now as he is much more apt at it than I am. Thanks again and what a great forum!http://www.wiichat.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

gladnw0.gif

(dont click it)

Any other probs feel free to ask

Reverse question
Have you played on it yet ?
If so what do you think ?

Back