help!

Malky

WiiChat Member
Oct 1, 2007
Ok, i got a TP-LINK 11b/g Wireless Adapter and i want the internet for my Wii.
I use this adapter for my internet. This computer is wireless linked to another computer which gives me the internet.
Someone please help me out here. :sick:

ok im quite sure what it is that youre saying , are you trying to connect your wii wirelessly ?or via this adapter(wont work)
if trying to connect wireless from a router are you finding the access point in your wii settings?
if so whats the problem ?

I want to connect it wirelessly.
what i have tryed is to find an access point but that aint workin, It doesn't come up with anything.

Are you sure that your router broadcasts a wireless signal or that its receiving a signal ?
If there is a wireless signal being broadcast then your wii will pick it up
Aren you connected wirelessy to any device ?

I've got this computer in the same room as the Wii. But this computer gets its internet through a wireless network to another computer. So I think it receives and sends information. :S

this may be a silly question, but have you just tried to run a connection test or have the wii search for your wireless network?

the worst that can happen is it finds nothing, and you'll end up needing to buy the WiFi adapter, and at best it'll find your wireless network, or (in my case) find another one in a house/apartment nearby and you can simply scalp their connection!

so if you haven't already, just go into your connection settings and run a search!

Cheers and good luck!

Yes, i have run a search, It find nothing tho.
How much is a WiFi adapter?

I got mine for about $40US, and it simply plugs into a USB hub on your computer, no other hardware or wireless capability necessary.

so thats like 60-70 AU dollars so maybe I'll keep trying to wireless it.
Would i be able to manually connect it?

EDIT: I tried manually doing it but it sais that it cant detect my SSID, which i put in correctly.

Last edited:
Well if your computer is connected wirelessly and your wii is in the same room I cant understand why it wont find any acces point !

i keep reading these problems with routers...it makes me pretty glad i have an airport for my macbook. my wii just hopped right onto it.

oh, well. i hope that doesn't seem like i'm rubbing it in. i hope you figure it out! :smilewinkgrin:

antho-wii said:
i keep reading these problems with routers...it makes me pretty glad i have an airport for my macbook. my wii just hopped right onto it.

oh, well. i hope that doesn't seem like i'm rubbing it in. i hope you figure it out! :smilewinkgrin:

That was very UNhelpfull :prrr:

Back