Help!!

PKITrumpet

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2007
I have wasted hours of my life trying to get ahold of the wii but I'm always one out or just not at the right place at the right time. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and it's crazy trying to get my hands on one of these. I am really looking for some help here. This weekend I'm trying to find a place to get one. How can I tell who would get some in and do you think that places might get some in this weekend? I don't mind getting up at ungodly hours of the morning or standing in line I just wanna know where Ive got the best chances.

I know the feeling. I looked all over Portland for one and couldn't find one. My mom lives in another state and found one at a Toys R Us. It was in their ad and she was there before they opened.

It might be a good idea to find out what lesser known stores in your area carry the Wii and try and get one from there. Or just be at a store before they open. Don't give up, you'll get one!:smilewinkgrin:

You can try this website to see what stores have Wiis in stock.

http://www.itrackr.com/

You need to register for it, but once you are registered you can enter your zip code and track which stores in your area have Wii (as well as many other products) in stock. I am not sure how accurate it is, but it is worth a shot to check it out and give a store a call if it shows it as being in stock.

Right now it says that 1 store of the 30 in my area that carry Wii has it in stock.

Good luck.

Sunday Ads

All advice I've seen seems to suggest the best way to find a Wii is to pay attention to the Sunday ads. If they list the Wii in the ad, you might want to pop in on Saturday night just in case somebody incorrectly puts it out then, but otherwise most stores will keep their stock of Wiis in the back room until the day of the Sale. Show up before the store opens and hope.

You might also want to enlist friends/family to keep an eye out for you since a lot of times it is just pure luck (I had a Wii in my hands at a Best Buy 2 months ago by pure luck - unfortunately for me it was another 1 month before my wife finally agreed to me getting the Wii...sigh). I managed to find mine online at gamestop with a not too ridiculous bundle (unlike the really ugly Walmart Wii bundle that always seems to be available).

I know what you mean. It took me a long time to get my wii. Every time I went to game stop they didn't have any. But finally I got one.

unfortuantly i dont know the feeling i've had one since launch. not to brag or anything.

i do feel for ya man. being deprived of a wii for a year is ridiculous and an issue nintendo needs to fix.

It is fun though, in a sick kind of way, standing outside stores before they open with other enthusiasts trying to get ahold of this hot item though.

So do you know what stores actually get in the Wii when they run the ad?

Back