Screen too bright with component cables

DFresh4130

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2006
I just got the Madcatz component cables since gamestop offered them at the same price as the Nintendo brand as they won't be available till January. After connecting them and starting up my Wii, the screen is way too bright to play. When I get the channel line up, it's almost completely white. I can just barely see the outlines of the boxes. Made sure it's in 480p mode and I tried both component inputs on my Toshiba DLP set. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm trying to get a new set of cables, but Madcatz hasn't responded to my email yet and they're nearly impossible to get ahold of on the phone. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Component cables are supposed to make everything brighter and crisper but only to a certain extend.

Either be a dick and put them on ebay or keep trying to contact them.
Or just use google a bit and see if anyone else has had this problem.

The Madcatz component cables I ordered over the internet worked fine on both my LCD HDTVs. Although my version of the cable doesn't have the additional composite RCA connector shown on the website or the first batch of component cables they made and were priced at $19.99 (w/ $13 2-day shipping).

I've heard some people had problems with Madcatz's first batch of Wii component cables (the ones w/ the extra composite cable) and returned them to the store they bought them from. So you might have lucked out on the bad batch or the connectors were mis-colored.

Back