help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyo787

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2007
Hello im kiyo787. i havent been able to get mii online at all. So just out of curiosity if your using a wireless connection plz send the info i need to connect to it.

DUDE! I had the same problem. I will help you. I got my wii online by buying the LAN adapter.

I just get mine from the pc but I think I have a wi-fi con thats why.do you have a wi-fi con?:cornut:

1) When asking a question, please use more than just "help" in the subject. If you're wondering why you don't end up getting many offers for help in this thread, that's part of it.

2) The other part of it is that you haven't told us anything about what your setup is like and what you've tried so far. There are a ton of people on here with working wireless setups, and numerous possible configurations and ways to go about it and issues that can come up. Help us help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-oHuogx6_Y

h

all i need is a the wireless configuration so that i can connect to it duh:smilewinkgrin:

kiyo787 said:
all i need is a the wireless configuration so that i can connect to it duh:smilewinkgrin:
Don't "duh" us. If you had any idea of what you were talking about, you'd realize the pointlessness of your question. There is no one singular "wireless configuration", otherwise each person wouldn't need to set their own up. The Wii would just come pre-configured.

But it doesn't. You have to do some work. That means putting in a little effort here.

You need the SSID of your wireless router/access-point. You need the WEP/WPA security key if you use encryption (recommended). And if you have MAC address filtering, you need to enter the MAC address of the Wii into the "permitted" table on your router/access-point.

No one can do that for you and tell you what those are. It's your Wii, your router/AP, your unique setup.

Have you even looked in your manual? Or done a search here on the forums for the 12039487098509 threads where the exact same steps were spoon-fed to someone else who needed babysitting?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Duh.

lol

dude you dont get what im asking at all do you.
Im lazy yes ive checked all other sites i dont feel like buying a router i wanna connect to anther wireless router duh:lol:

kiyo787 said:
Nope, because you're doing a very poor job with asking your question clearly. Notice how no one else is even bothering?
Im lazy yes ive checked all other sites i dont feel like buying a router i wanna connect to anther wireless router duh:lol:
Well if the router isn't yours and under your control, then you really shouldn't be connecting to it anyways. And if it has encryption and/or MAC address filtering you're not getting in without the assistance (and blessing) of the person who does own and control it. That is, after all, the point of such security.

If the access point you want to connect to was indeed "open", welcoming anyone such as you to use it freely, then it'd be broadcasting its SSID and the Wii would pick it up automatically and there'd be no other settings you'd need. So you wouldn't be here asking questions.

If you're asking how to steal someone else's wireless without their permission, you'll find no help here.

kiyo787 said:

If that "router" belongs to someone else, is not a designated Hot Spot, and using it without their permission, Is Illegal. Period.

Hmph

idiot when did i ever say i was gonna hack someone.Besides if your not gonna help at all then dont post your **** here.

kiyo787 said:
idiot when did i ever say i was gonna hack someone.Besides if your not gonna help at all then dont post your **** here.
The person who is not helping is you. Nor is insulting those trying to help you accomplishing anything but burning karma.

You've provided very little info, and what tiny bit you've divulged makes it clear that you're trying to access someone else's wireless router without their permission. If this is not the case, then explain in more detail what it is you're trying to do. You've been asked several times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back