help?

ssbb4life

WiiChat Member
Aug 20, 2007
im a noob with the ds and i wanna know if you have to buy the nintendo usb wifi connector or not. if you do where can i get one? or is it like the wii and you can just find a signal by using wireless?

You only need one if you want to connect to the internet, and if you have one for the Wii, I'm pretty sure you can use the same one for the DS.

You can find it at Gamestop pretty easily.

I use my wireless internet. I never knew you could actually, I thought you had to buy the wi-fi usb connector. What was even stupider was that you connect the usb connector to your DS xD. Boy was i stupid back then.

If you have wired internet (ethernet or dial up (eww)) then you need the USB connector which will broadcast the signal around your pc for your ds to pickup. But if you already have wireless internet (for laptop maybe), change the security settings to work with the DS (use Opera people), then you're away!

- James

the usb wifi thinger is only if you'de like to play online games, it comes welll in handy because it really stretches the gametime of many games, as for where to get it, any electronics store should have em

Back