help!!!!!!

mrs-max

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2010
uk
hi all, I'm new on here and fairly new to the wii. I've connected to the internet, set up friends in address book and they've done the same, our mii's are in each other plazas etc. etc. but can someone please tell me how I now play against them with a wifi compatible game!!!

Do I have to set something up in the game or before I put game in etc. etc. and do we both have to have the same game in the console (know that bit sounds daft but then you don't always have to with a ds)

Any help would be greatly received as we've been working on this all night!!!!

thanks in advance

Wii Console Friend Codes are only for sending messages, Miis, etc. All wi-fi compatible games have a Friend Code seperate from the Wii Console's friend code. You'll have to add eachother's unique game friend codes in order to play with eachother.

And yes, you both need the same game in order to play on wi-fi with eachother.

thanks for your help, can you tell me where i find the game code and also how do we send them... is it by email, if so, what do we then do with them

You'll need a game each which is wi-fi enabled to play with each other. These games will normally have another code which you'll have to exchange with your friends. But of course you first have to worry about what games you want to play with each other.

thanks for your help, can you tell me where i find the game code and also how do we send them... is it by email, if so, what do we then do with them

Generally you'll log onto wi-fi through whatever menu options necesarry, such as a "Connect to Wi-fi" menu option. You'll usually see something like that when you first start up the game.

Once you log on to wi-fi, the game should give you a friend code, which is 12 numbers, in sets of four, looking like this:

1234-1234-1234

Tell your friend what your code is, get your friend's code, and add them to your Friend Code List. It doesn't matter how you tell them your code; phone, e-mail, chatroom, or a forum like this. As long as they get the code.

Anyways, when logged onto wi-fi, you should find an option like "Register New Friend" or "Add New Friend Code" somewhere in the menus. Go into that menu, enter your friend's code, and wait for them to add yours. Once you both add eachother's code, you should be able to play with eachother.

Note: You both have to add each other's codes added, only one of you adding the other won't let you play eachother.

Back