Hey.

X Falco X

WiiChat Member
Jul 13, 2007
Hey I dont actually have a wii yet which is why i joined this forum. Im thinking of getting one but im not sure. I thought you people who already have a wii could tell me how great it is and persuade me to get one lol. The games i have played on the wii so far are zelda, wii sports, wii play and scarface. I enjoy playing online on my 360 and i also wanted to know about the online features of the wii lol. Thanx. :smilewinkgrin:

The Wii is great fun, the controls really make the games more interesting, as you know from the games you have played so far! Theres more and more games coming out all the time so there should be something to suit everyone. I think its more suited to action and fps games, or hands on sport games than car games etc. The online features include a messaging system where you can chat to your friends, send each other your Mii charactors that you create. Theres also an Opera web browser so you can surf the net too. Theres currently only one online game, Mario Strikers Charged, but theres more in the pipeline

The Wii's hype is mainly based around:
● Motion controls
● Virtual Console/Wii Shop Channel
● Exclusive Nintendo titles, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl
● The ability to incorporate online play in the exclusive titles.

The motion controls are, surprisingly, extremely refreshing from the standard controller layout. Once in a while you might want to jump back to the classic style controller, but once you get used to them, the Wii remote and nun-chuck will have you swinging your Xbox 360 controller around and wondering why nothing's happening on the screen.

Ah, the Virtual Console. There's nothing like tsunami-sized wave of nostalgia. On the Wii Shop Channel, not only can you download classic games from the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and TurboGrafx 16, but you can download new channels for the Wii such as the Internet channel and "Everybody Votes" channel.

Nintendo has always had awesome games. For the Wii, there are plenty to look forward to. You'll probably hear people talking mostly about Super Smash Bros Brawl (a fighter), Super Mario Galaxy (3rd person adventure, much like Super Mario 64), and Metroid Prime 3 (1st person adventure/sci-fi shooter.)

We hope to see online play for at least two of the games I listed above. But there's no doubt that there will be a plethora of online games within the next few months.

I suggest buying the Wii.

welcome. and yea, get the Wii. im not really good at persuading people or whatever you call it, but still, get the Wii!!!

Get it get it! its awesomeness takes me away from other consoles (spent 2 hours in the Forest temple of Zelda OOT i forgot it) the Wii is fun for anyone!

Thanks for the replies. I was probably going to get one any way but i just wanted a little more info from people that play wii's often. I hope that metroid and super smash bros. do have online. Thanks

*This thread should have been posted in the Introduce Yourself section of the forum*

The Wii is fun for a few games now. As soon as you get don playing them though, most have bad replay value, so it will start to collect dust for now. When fall/winter comes around, that may change. SSBB should define replay value and keep the Wii alive.

Not to mention the endless possibilities of accessories that are available for the Wiimote and nunchuck. There's at least 20 I can think of, and another 10 that'll be coming near the end of this year. Don't believe me? Go check out http://www.emvee.ca/'s Wii accessories section. They have the most Wii accessories all under one roof.

ciper said:
X Falco X: Don't get it yet. There aren't enough good games. Wait until the hype dies down and the 3rd parties release something worth buying.

Or don't be a cynical cheapass and just get it now so you already have it. There is a bunch of sweet games coming far before the hype is going to die down.

So I suggest getting one as soon as you can find one.

^Agreed. But for now, just a few.

vagrant said:
So I suggest getting one as soon as you can find one.
Yer thanks for that. Um i dunno about america but where i live in england most stores have wii's in stock now, but i don't know for how long...

X Falco X said:
Yer thanks for that. Um i dunno about america but where i live in england most stores have wii's in stock now, but i don't know for how long...

I heard it was hard to find in england as well, so perhaps just your area.

And at E3 Nintendo announced a bunch of games coming with online play.

ciper said:
X Falco X: Don't get it yet. There aren't enough good games. Wait until the hype dies down and the 3rd parties release something worth buying.
Sure there are:

Zelda
Resident Evil
Mario Strikers
Godfather
Scarface
Tiger Woods
Call Of Duty
Driver
Prince Of Persia

Out next few months:

Madden