How can I get Mii's onto my Wii without XP?

maffmace

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2007
Leeds, UK
Hi guys, I have Windows Vista & also a MacBook with OS X, I have created loads of Mii's online and saved them (.mii extensions), I have software that works with XP, not Vista that can transfer Mii's to and from the Wiimote, and I also have some that can get Mii's from the Wiimote but cannot send to it.

Does anyone know of any software I've missed that I'll be able to do this with?
(or any linux ones that will work within Ubuntu?)

any help would be much appreciated (and will save a LOT of time!)

hmm..i have never seen this posted on these forums so i doubt anyone could help you, i thought xp software worked with vista. what program is this and how do you make mii's online? and are you transferring them over bluetooth or what? explain more please

Jay588 said:
hmm..i have never seen this posted on these forums so i doubt anyone could help you, i thought xp software worked with vista. what program is this and how do you make mii's online? and are you transferring them over bluetooth or what? explain more please
it's the bluetooth stack that's stopping it working in Vista (for this particular piece of software).
You can create Mii's on various websites and save the file, then using software called transfermii for XP and with a Bluetooth dongle you can transfer that to a wiimote which in turn can be transferred to the Wii (meaning you can swap Mii's over the net without becoming "friends" with them)
All this has been around for quite a while, before I got a Wii, just may have missed any software for Vista or updates for OS X (mac)

hmm interesting...never heard of a website u can create miis on...you mind sharing the site? and does the site have the software "transfermii" on it as well?

sorry, the software is called miitransfer (that may be why you couldn't find it on google, i got it the wrong way around)

how to transfer & software:
http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-transfer-mii-from-your-wii-using.html

Mii creation site (can save them to your HDD for transferring too):
http://www.miieditor.com/

thought all this was common knowledge with Wii owners, I'm still new to the scene but had heard about this before I even got a Wii. If anyone looks into it and finds any help for OS X or Vista and links/help would be appreciated

The Wiimote is super finicky about the BT stacked that's used - I was fooling around with the Blue Tunes app (uses the Wiimote as a BT controller for several MP/Media apps including WM10/11).

On the support page here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bluetunes/BluetoothHelp.html

Is a link to WIDCOMM BT driver - I installed it and was still able to connect to my 8525 (phone) and sync/transfer. Not 100% that's the Vista flavor, but at least it gives you a name to track down via drivers.com, etc.

~DT

sorry maffmace I've never done the mii transfer, I don't even have a BT adaptor or vista! I have heard of creating mii's online after the wii was released but I never actually come across a working one. the creator of the program should make an updated version for vista because there are a lot of vista users now. can you maybe transfer them through SD card? (doubt it but never tried)

@ DT, do you mean you can transfer the mii's from your phone to your wii? or did you mean your phone connecting to your pc? because I have a 8125 and I have tried discovering the wiimote through bt and it doesn't find anything, was wondering maybe there was a way(somehow)

Jay588 said:
@ DT, do you mean you can transfer the mii's from your phone to your wii? or did you mean your phone connecting to your pc? because I have a 8125 and I have tried discovering the wiimote through bt and it doesn't find anything, was wondering maybe there was a way(somehow)

I have no idea what I meant :lol:

Actually, I could drop a Mii data file on my phone through the PC (I can just open up the filesystem on the phone), but I have not tried a direct BT link between the phone and Wiimote (though now that you mention it, I might try it just for fun).

My phone also has a 1GB MicroSD, than I can put into an SD converter and read/write through the cardreader in my PC, so there's a ton of ways to exchange files.

Phone side note(s): love the 8525, though I'm waiting on the new 8925 with integrated GPS (and slightly smaller, better cam). I'm running some cooked WM6 ROM which work great!

My digitizer surface had gotten scratched (the touchpad/digitizer is the outer display surface) so I ordered just that from this dealer in Hong Kong (through FleaBay). When I disassembled down to the part, the touchpad was sort of fused onto the LCD panel! So I had to BREAK it lose, literally - X-Acto plus a small rubber mallet, it was pretty scary, hahaha! Anyway, did it, put the new pad on, connected the ribbon cable (which was almost too small), everything is back together and working perfect with a new display!

AT&T Repair: $250-$300
3rd Party: $179

My repair: $18 :D

The Wifey wondering why I was pounding on a semi-new $500 phone, in parts, with a rubber mallet: Priceless

lol damn you really love that phone huh? I love mine too, I am typing from it right now. I don't think its possible to link the wiimote and phone, I thought there was a proggy that used your phone with a usb connected to your pc and it will work as a bt adaptor and makes it discoverable and all. I guess I was mistaken. here's a great site for some phone apps, if u haven't been. ppcwarez.org, completely free, not sure its legal so I hope you see this before a mod edits this lol have fun

Yeah, the phone has been outstanding.

I connect to it from a notebook via BT (or USB as needed) and use it as a 3G data connection. 3G with a solid connection is pretty quick and was a lifesaver on a recent trip to DC (where the in room "highspeed" was anything but). I think the biggest omission on the current gen iPhone was not including 3G.

A client actually bought this one for us to do some mobile development work.

Back