How Do You Connect To The Internet

I have a wireless router, excellent connection speed even though the router is a good ways away from the wii. :ihih:

Zahid27 said:
I can't use my wii online :sad: my wireless router isn't the right type...

Is your router set to use only 802.11 g? Try to set it to use .11 b/g if you can.

KillJoy said:
Is your router set to use only 802.11 g? Try to set it to use .11 b/g if you can.

Well i would,but i'm not a computer administrator.Though i could always ask my brother to set it to .11 b/g.

Thanks anyway.

:mad2: I don't understand how to connect my wii to the internet... do you connect it to your modem or pc or what? Please help I've only just got it so i dont know much about it!

Jerry, you can connect the wii to the internet via two ways. If you have a wireless internet set up you can use that to access the internet from you wii. If you don't, then you can go to where ever you bought your wii and buy a USB wifi adapter for around $40. The adapter plugs into a USB port on the back of your computer and will allow your wii to share your internet connection.

Whichever one you have, the internet settings can be adjusted inthe options menu on your wii (Lower left hand of the channel's menu)

Tairusu said:
Jerry, you can connect the wii to the internet via two ways. If you have a wireless internet set up you can use that to access the internet from you wii. If you don't, then you can go to where ever you bought your wii and buy a USB wifi adapter for around $40. The adapter plugs into a USB port on the back of your computer and will allow your wii to share your internet connection.

Whichever one you have, the internet settings can be adjusted inthe options menu on your wii (Lower left hand of the channel's menu)

Thanks, Tairusu I am actually getting one of those wifi adaptors soon but can you tell me please once I have this adaptor can i go on the proper internet on my wii or just the wifi for the games? And can I also ask, how close does my wii have to be to my pc with the adaptor in it to gain access to the net because my pc is in my living room downstairs and my wii is in my bedroom upstairs?:smilewinkgrin:

Back