How Do You Connect To The Internet

I went to the shop 'virgin megastores' And they reckon that the usb wifi adaptor only acts as a booster for your wireless modem and it doesn't give you the internet on your wii unless you have the wireless modem/router is this correct?:shocked:

I don't know how true it is, but you're better off with a wireless router in the end. That way you can access the internet from anywhere in your house/apt if you have a laptop or if you want to move the wii into a different room and still get signal.

jerrylee9 said:
Thanks, Tairusu I am actually getting one of those wifi adaptors soon but can you tell me please once I have this adaptor can i go on the proper internet on my wii or just the wifi for the games? And can I also ask, how close does my wii have to be to my pc with the adaptor in it to gain access to the net because my pc is in my living room downstairs and my wii is in my bedroom upstairs?:smilewinkgrin:

Once you have the wifi set up you'll have full access to the internet both for wifi games and otherwise. You'll have to download the Opera Browser on your wii through the Virtual Console if you want to surf the net, it used to be free but now it's $5.

I don't know the range on the USB adapter, but a typical router has a very good range (My PC/Router is one floor down and about 45 feet away from my Wii and I get a great connection.)

I went to the shop 'virgin megastores' And they reckon that the usb wifi adaptor only acts as a booster for your wireless modem and it doesn't give you the internet on your wii unless you have the wireless modem/router is this correct?

You may have been looking at the wrong thing, the Wii's Wifi USB adapter creates a wifi network that your nintendo can connect to. You don't need an existing wifi connection to use it. Make sure this is the item you're buying:

I'm a link, click me.

Last edited:
Back