how do you sidespin in wii sports tennis????

jonlscool

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
i can get the topspin and backspin and cross court shots and power serves... but i CAN'T sidespin. what motion am i supposed to do? any help would be appreciated.

Please do not double post....You've been here as long as me and still don't know the rules?.....Wow....Just wildly flail the wiimote.

how many points do you have in the game? certain moves come after you get x amount of points

also dont bump a thread after such a short time. someone will answer soon

The_Loose_Cannon said:
how many points do you have in the game? certain moves come after you get x amount of points
Really? I thought you could perform any type shot at any skill level...
jonlscool said:
i can get the topspin and backspin and cross court shots and power serves... but i CAN'T sidespin. what motion am i supposed to do? any help would be appreciated.
The backspin (aka slice) should make the ball bounce with a slight left or right rebound. If you mean actually making the ball spin horizontally, as far as I know I don't think you can do that.

Yes jill...I'm pretty sure you can do it at lower levels, you just don't get it done ON you.

I dunno, you have to get a good setup, and then just put as much backspin as you possibly can. I find the front guy more useful than the back by far.

if you mean the the spin that the computer does sometime where the ball bounces then goes hard left or right...its possible to do it...but not really that useful....easier to do from the back hand side...

1) hold the controller with the back of your hand facing the tv screen..

2) When hitting the ball move your wrist from that position to the back of your hand facing up or towards the ceiling. If done right your ball will spin. Do the motion slower than you do other shots....

3) just mirror these move to do it on the forehand side...just like you mirror a regular back hand slice to a forehand slice.

Its kinda nice to see but doesn't really win any points...maybe it'll be cool to do against some friends. try it out in training first...to get it right.

ya, rimmi is right. Problem is, sometimes it doesn't pick up my swing when i try sidespin. Like rimmi said, you swing is slower, with the sensor pointed at the ceiling, and for some reason it doesn't always recognize what you done. Whatever, just pull the wiimote across your body at a reasonable speed and you should be fine.

Back