How far do you sit away from TV?

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I use 26inch HDTV and sit about 1meter away from TV.
I recently realized that I was sitting too close from TV and sitting about 2M away from 26inch TV can actually comfort my eyes and make me think that the game has better graphic and texture.

I was wondering how far u guys sit away from ur tv, plz tell me how big the TV is, too.

I think 1 meter is too close. I have a hard time making the pointer work when I am a few feet away from the TV. I am roughly about 6 ft (2 meters) from my TV when I am at seated in my sofa. That is with a 27 inch TV.

JoonKimDDS said:
I recently realized that I was sitting too close from TV and sitting about 2M away from 26inch TV can actually comfort my eyes and make me think that the game has better graphic and texture.

I was wondering how far u guys sit away from ur tv, plz tell me how big the TV is, too.
it all depends on the size of the screen it doesnt matter if u have a 52'' plasma, u still need to sit x-amout of feet away to see the detail. in my room, i have a 24 or so inch standard def tv that i sit about 1.2 meters away from, but in the living room it's a 32'' that i sit 2meters away from. also, sitting farther away gets a better perception of the wiimote

JoonKimDDS said:

I have exactly the same situation... HDTV 26inch (LCD) in my room and I sit ~1 meter away from TV. It's just that I can't go a lot further since my TV is facing my bed. I would prefer to have the Wii in the livingroom, but my parents are so gamerphobic that there's no way of it happening. Oh, btw is it just me or when you play so close (~1 meter) away from the sensor bar then you can hardly miss at Wii bowling?

HealingAura said:
I have exactly the same situation... HDTV 26inch (LCD) in my room and I sit ~1 meter away from TV. It's just that I can't go a lot further since my TV is facing my bed. I would prefer to have the Wii in the livingroom, but my parents are so gamerphobic that there's no way of it happening. Oh, btw is it just me or when you play so close (~1 meter) away from the sensor bar then you can hardly miss at Wii bowling?

EXACTLY~
I can't go further since my TV is facing my bed, too~
that's why i just spent last 2 hours to change the formation of my stuff~ giving me about 3~4 meters from TV to the wall so I can sit 3~4 away from TV.

I don't know about wiisports but it's easier to control wii sensor bar if I am 3~4 meters away from TV instead of 0~2 meter.

my tv is a big gay 480p tv, so i cant even turn it or it effs up my shelf... so i have to move my ab lounge and put the computer chair in it's place........ or maybe im jsut avoiding exercise...

The ratio is -
2 times diagonal for 16:9
3 times diagonal for 4:3

For your 26 inch tv you should be just under 2 meters away so you are already doing it right!

Why did you say 26 inch and then switch to meters?

32" tv I sit about 1.5mtrs away.

I wonder who will be first to mention my mixing of imperial and metric :lol:

Damn it someones already done it :mad:

dakuda said:
I think 1 meter is too close. I have a hard time making the pointer work when I am a few feet away from the TV. I am roughly about 6 ft (2 meters) from my TV when I am at seated in my sofa. That is with a 27 inch TV.

Exact same for me

Back