How far can you Wii?

raisinghelen

WiiChat Member
Mar 21, 2007
Calgary
Does anyone know how far away you can use the Wiimote from? Or have you played in an unusual place at all?

We have played Wii Sports from outside on our balcony, although it is probably only 10 feet further away than our normal playing area.

My friend bowled from the kitchen when it was his turn and he had gone to get a beer out the fridge. He couldnt even see the tv but bowled a strike!

Does anyone know the maximum range? It seems to work anywhere in our apartment and people might think im a bit strange if i go outside waving a Wiimote about to try and find out..:crazy:

32 feet is effective range, so maybe 45 or so before it loses everything.

if the wii is "high-powered" it could go up to 100 ft. or so.

Brawny said:
32 feet is effective range, so maybe 45 or so before it loses everything.

if the wii is "high-powered" it could go up to 100 ft. or so.

What are you referring to when you mention "high-powered"? Mine looses its signal at ten feet.

Well, some devices are powered to send the signal with more power.....

10 feet...call ninty or something. That thing is screwed.

oic.... I thought everyone knew he (the op) was talking about Bluetooth....

yeah, bowling doesn't use bt....

The console uses bluetooth not the games. But as stated bluetooth doesnt have a huge range but 10ft sounds a bit to short.

It Depends On What TV You're Using... If Its A Big Widescreen... It Won't Have Much Distance... If It's Smaller, Like A 2-3' One... It'll Go Farther Back.

Leaned From Experience.:cornut:

E7ernal said:
your friend doesn't happen to be god?

Not really, she doesn't even use her gaming consoles, and she has every mainstream one, and had them on launch. Tsh... Only childs...

Nice pun on the title lol. I haven't really played anywhere strange or bothered to try a long range effort as I don't need to. I tried playing sitting down but it not as much fun :arf:

WiiGod said:
Nice pun on the title lol. I haven't really played anywhere strange or bothered to try a long range effort as I don't need to. I tried playing sitting down but it not as much fun :arf:

Hey, look... It's the actual God e7ernal :eek:

Ii didn't notice that pun xD

Back