How good are non genuine accessories?

thea19

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and am yet to buy my wii - I am hoping that you guys can help me with some research.

I will be buying 3 remotes and also 3 motion sensor adaptor plug things, and as the genuine ones are really expensive I have looked at the ebay sites and the ones from hong kong seem pretty reasonable in comparison.
Are these generic accessories any good? I just thought I would get some advice from some experts before I drop a heap of cash.

thanks Thea

i personaly avoid third party controllers, it can be harder to find people who fix them.

buy the genuine ones from nintendo or the official third party accesories that are licensed by nintendo... don't even bother with cheat generic copies of the accesories... the quality is really f****ng bad and they will mother f****ng break in no time. Im dead serious about this. Your Wii deserves the best, save some money and buy some good stuff for your Wii.

good mother f****ng gaming!

Don't ever buy third party gear for ANY console because it just simply sucks!
buy the legit stuff it'll save you heartache

Last edited:
Cheap things can be expensive with time, just remember the Time I buy a "Pelican" 64 controller, I just saved about 3 dollars and the damn thing literally fell apart after a couple of Mario Kart races, The only thing that was better about it was the Analog Stick, at first, but it broke too.
My Advice: Go official, or buy second hand, sometimes It´s worth it.

Back