How has your gaming experience been on Wii?

don4160

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2010
Walker, MI.
Hey Fellow Gamers,
I'm doing a paper in my class on gaming and how it's changed with the technology of controllers that are out. With the release of the other systems this year that "mimick" the Wii, I just want to hear your take on why gaming in the Wii is special to you? Looking forward to your answers.

Dealing with the controllers, I took on the wii because I was excited to use something new. Video game controllers have always kept a similar design, and the wii blew that right out of the water. In the following ways and more:

-2 parts: one for each hand :nunchuck: :wiimote:
-triggers on both parts
-Sensor bar (pointing at the screen)
-Speaker within the remote
-Motion registration (the ability for something to happen when you shake both the wiimote or nunchuck)
-Home button
-Power button on the controller
-Ability to use an appendage with the controller, such as wii wheel or guitar

These are very basic.

How has gaming changed with the controller? More motion and interaction with a game (so when you jerk your controller to the left in hope to win a mario kart race it actually happens). Also the wii's motion-esque gaming style has greatly increased interest in video games among all ages, and are much more family-oriented.

How has it changed mine.
Well considering I have played on my Saturn more than I have on my Wii this year id say not at all.
The Wii isn't special to me

Why, how now Prinny! That's not a very good source to cite for this child's paper. Flat knavery, if you ask me.

The new Wii Motion controllers, to me, were very innovative until Nintendo started to go ass backwards by making No New motion control games, but side scrollers that you only use the controller sideways like NES. If I wanted that, I'd buy an actual NES or SNES.

^True, but lets face it there is only so long that a game that makes you stand up and move around like a five year old on a sugar rush can be fun for
Why, how now Prinny! That's not a very good source to cite for this child's paper. Flat knavery, if you ask me.
Im a traditional gamer.
I play the way they are ment to be played.
Pad/joystick in hand

Isn't standing up an optional thing, or are there games that force you to? I never stood up for any games except Wii Sports Golf & Bowling. Didn't play baseball.

I spent years not moving my arms while playing games.
Moving them round like some noob playing a racing game isnt something I like to do

I don't understand peripherals like the Wii Wheel, Wii Fit Board, or the Zapper. I never enjoyed playing Mario Kart Wii with the Wheel or playing SKATE iT with the Wii Fit Board plus I don't own one or a Zapper. I enjoy what I am given from the start, the Joystick, but since this the Wii its Motion Controls.

Last edited:
A little thing, there´s no need to argue (I hope), is that the Wii has set the standars of what gaming is going to be in the future, good or bad, is up two you to decide it.

We already know they've set the standards and its very entertaining to watch the other companies try to catch up to what they started. Microsoft expects you to pay $350 for a new XBOX 360 Arcade with Kinect or $150 just for Kinect (If Already have the console). Sony wants you to pay $400 for a PS3 with a "Move", and since they sell everything as a stand alone, I don't know how much for the whole set because you may need 2 Move controllers for 1 Game.

AirKing1, this post was on the Nintendo Wii's Controller and why you prefer the controller compared to Microsoft's Kinect or Playstation 3's "Move" since they try to Mimick Wii. Guitar Hero or Rock Band Peripherials are not related to the topic since each Console supports both game brands and provide the same control.

For Example:

I prefer my Wii because they've simplified the Metroid Prime Series with the Motion controls, but however, I feel they've f***ed up my Mario Games. Not because of control, but because Mario Galaxy isn't really open world anymore.

Back