How long you think the Disc will Last?

Lucasarts

WiiChat Member
Aug 26, 2010
Like the title said, how long you think the disc last if maintain properly?

Why Lucas arts games are only having 90 days for warranty?

What would you do if your disc turns bad after 90 days? And disc has no scratches and damages at all? (Turns bad, meaning the console will not read the disc, the console tested fine with all other game discs.)

What do all you think?

Any thoughts?
I wouldn't worry about it as long as you take care of it. It's rare that a disc will stop working if it's clean. My 64 and snes games still work. And thats alot older than discs. Just keep them from hot temperature or moisture. And keep them clean and dust free. I wipe my wii off at least once a week from dust that gets on it. If it's hot in your room get a air conditioner. Like I said don't worry about it. I know I get paranoid with stuff like this too. My biggest concern is backing up all my saved data.

If your discs are maintained properly, they should be fine. You could probably wipe them off with a Clorox wipe here and there. I don't think it would hurt it. It is a good idea to wipe your Wii off, especially the vent in the back. You should maybe even wipe the Remotes off too, prevent sweat and grease buildup in the buttons, thus preventing them from sticking. Another good idea is not to leave your Wii on for a day straight, it could overheat and mess up the console and disk. I hope this helps you!

Like the title said, how long you think the disc last if maintain properly?

Why Lucas arts games are only having 90 days for warranty?

What would you do if your disc turns bad after 90 days? And disc has no scratches and damages at all? (Turns bad, meaning the console will not read the disc, the console tested fine with all other game discs.)

What do all you think?

The reason why they put 90 day warranties on it is to keep your money. What I mean by that is that if it breaks before 90 days, they fix it or give you a re-fund. Broke after 90 days, they don't help.

Back