How much money did the consoles make?

Sovieto said:
but besides that, this isnt a question you ask people like us, what are we gonna do, pull charts out of our asses?
i better question would be Who do you think will sell the most consoles in the long-run?
And that wouldn't involve pulling charts out of our asses? Or at least recalling stuff we've read in articles or even other threads?

MasterJedi2U said:
He answered his own question basically.

Speaking of redundancy thx master jedi for replying to the post to keep this thread going

I personally think if the information is so easily obtained by google why wouldn’t u save ur self the time of day instead of replying and keeping this thread alive

Profits per units times units sold = profits made from units
Profits made from units minus r&d = profits from console

And if u add profits of games (vc games too) and accessories (wiimotes n nunchucks)

Nintendo obviously made some money

I just don’t have ne figures

I chose to read this thread out of curiosity and the on topic discussion is worthwhile. I normally don't choose to post on the off topic banter in threads like these but I chose to respond b/c it seems more and more these days posts are going negative and this one is almost comical if you think about it.

Which one was more useful? The OP's post that got people discussing console profits or MasterJedi's 1st reply of...

MasterJedi2U said:
Oh My God....:frown2:

What will the next noob post next....no seriously you guys I'm about to hurl...

Seems just a tad hypocritical to me to claim someone is starving for attention b/c they make a post that spawns discussion, decent discussion at that, when the only contribution you make the to discussion is a negative flame on the OP stating you are going to hurl b/c of a thread topic.

Think about it...Which one was more beneficial to the forum as a whole? I'm sure you've heard the old saying... If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all.

OP Thanks for the post!

Fact: Nintendo estimates to make over $8 billion this year off total sales of games, systems, and 555 million off the DS alone. The Xbox finished in the red, and the 360 is hovering on the line. MS can afford to lose $60 billion. Sony hasn't released any reliable sales figures.

Sources: Gamespot, Nintendo, Microsoft.

Back