How much to ebay the wii for?

caharing

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I am out of a job right now (I live in Michigan with an extremely high unemployment rate) and I just waited in line for 14 hours for a Wii and I have it at my house right now. How much do you think I could get for it? I could really use the money.

I don't think much right now, maybe near christmas you should sell it and get around 700-1000

I doubt that much, maybe $350. Nintendo should be shipping enough to keep supply up with demand for the most part

Lose Money

You may lose money if you wait for Christmas. There are mixed opinions on this. Personally, if you are out of work and really need the money, I think you made a silly gamble with buying the Wii and trying to resell it at all.

All estimates have shown that Nintendo beat their production goals and that they will most likely flood the market with Wiis.

I would put your Wii up immediately and undercut the other sellers. Although I have no love for EBay resellers, I honestly think you could take a loss if you are not careful.

Yeah, get it up now before people realize theres no shortage. Even with the PS3 having a shortage, look how much the prices dropped a day after release ($2000->$1000)

I think I may just sell my xbox 360 and xbox on ebay and just keep the Wii, because to be honest with you, I don't think graphics are nearly as important as the quality/funness of the system.

I think that there may be another shipment by christmas, and the price may drop by 10-20 dollars i reckon. So waiting till christmas is a bad idea. You just have to hope that they have a real shortage which i think will not happen. Or maybe, u can find someone who has all the wiis sold out in their state or city or something, and u can sell to them if there real desperate. But the whole idea of buying a wii and selling it to someone for a greater price is actually quite wrong, i think it should be made illegal. If your not gonna use it, why buy it? Just to screw someone else over? If your not going to play it, u shount buy it.

m7ticalm said:
I think that there may be another shipment by christmas, and the price may drop by 10-20 dollars i reckon. So waiting till christmas is a bad idea. You just have to hope that they have a real shortage which i think will not happen. Or maybe, u can find someone who has all the wiis sold out in their state or city or something, and u can sell to them if there real desperate. But the whole idea of buying a wii and selling it to someone for a greater price is actually quite wrong, i think it should be made illegal. If your not gonna use it, why buy it? Just to screw someone else over? If your not going to play it, u shount buy it.

Hey, supply and demand. If theres no more supply, deamand goes up and so does the price. Also try living in Michigan with our unemployment rate, I thought I would just make a few hundred bucks, maybe $200-$300 bucks off it. I mean, I didn't see a lot of people who wanted it sit in line for 14 hours, I think its fair game to sell it for higher.

caharing said:
Hey, supply and demand. If theres no more supply, deamand goes up and so does the price. Also try living in Michigan with our unemployment rate, I thought I would just make a few hundred bucks, maybe $200-$300 bucks off it. I mean, I didn't see a lot of people who wanted it sit in line for 14 hours, I think its fair game to sell it for higher.
You could make a few hundred bucks by making someone else pay a few more hundred bucks than they should? Thats weird, so u think that if u wanted something alot and if someone else bought like 7 of them and made u pay like an extra hundred bucks that it would be fair to u? If thats the way your thinking, why didnt u just buy like 20 wii's? Wont u be making a greater profit and screwing heaps of people at the same time....Thats what u want, right?

Capitalism my friend, if the other people had waited longer they could have gotten one also.

I guess everyones entitled to their own opinion, i just talked to my dad about it. He said that its ok because the person doing it is gambling. But i still stick with my opinion, so i guess no more argument, everyone is entitled to their own opinion so i cannot really say that u are wrong. So do wat u want, but i think that this is moraley wrong.

re

m7ticalm said:

Holy crap are you stupid. How is he screwing someone else over? Dont you think the person that buys it understands the MSRP of the system is $250? Is that buyer forced to buy the system for a higher price? No hes not. Maybe he thinks it's worth spending more money rather than sitting in line. You act like he has a gun to the guys head. My g/f and I waited in line tonight at toys r us for 6 hours and we each got a system. I'm keeping one and selling the other. The profit I make is for the time I spent in line.

re

m7ticalm said:
You could make a few hundred bucks by making someone else pay a few more hundred bucks than they should? Thats weird, so u think that if u wanted something alot and if someone else bought like 7 of them and made u pay like an extra hundred bucks that it would be fair to u? If thats the way your thinking, why didnt u just buy like 20 wii's? Wont u be making a greater profit and screwing heaps of people at the same time....Thats what u want, right?

Another example of a person who doesnt understand business. If I could have bought all of toys r us 160 consoles tonight I would have. NOBODY IS FORCED TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON A SYSTEM. They are paying the extra money so they dont have to sit in line. Its called providing a service.

caharing said:

Its not a bad thing to make money. What your doing is providing a service so someone else doesnt have to sit in line. Im from Michigan too so I understand the unemployment rate. This will sound bad, but I make alot of money in this crappy economy so it doesnt bother me. It wont get any better since Granmole got elected again :cryin:

caharing said:
I am out of a job right now (I live in Michigan with an extremely high unemployment rate) and I just waited in line for 14 hours for a Wii and I have it at my house right now. How much do you think I could get for it? I could really use the money.

erm... why would you wait 14 hours to get one when you knew you couldn't realy afford one ???

Back