How often for WiiConnect?

Wii-Wild

WiiChat Member
Apr 30, 2007
Ohio, USA
How often does WiiConnect run? Am I going to find the slot glowing blue roughly once a week? Once a month? How often?

Once a month, maybe. Once a week, no. If you have lots of friends who message you every day, then try every day or every hour or so. =]

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. I have Wiiconnect24 running all through the day and then I turn it off during the night, only to turn it back on in the morning again. Its up to you really.

Byuakuya said:
Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. I have Wiiconnect24 running all through the day and then I turn it off during the night, only to turn it back on in the morning again. Its up to you really.

Why would you do that? You do know you can't get your system bricked unless you accept the firmware update and download it, right? WiiConnect24 just receives the messages for you and places it in your message board ... you don't get forced to download updates...

Is it for power reasons? I don't really see the point of turning WiiConnect24 off... mine is on, well, WiiConnect24. ^.~

LuzTeTT said:
Why would you do that? You do know you can't get your system bricked unless you accept the firmware update and download it, right? WiiConnect24 just receives the messages for you and places it in your message board ... you don't get forced to download updates...

Is it for power reasons? I don't really see the point of turning WiiConnect24 off... mine is on, well, WiiConnect24. ^.~
I have updated to the latest firmware. I will still recieve the messages in the morning when I turn it back on. Its just that my Wii stands horizontally (to avoid knocking it over) and it can get warm. I don't want it to go haywire during the night.

Byuakuya said:
I have updated to the latest firmware. I will still recieve the messages in the morning when I turn it back on. Its just that my Wii stands horizontally (to avoid knocking it over) and it can get warm. I don't want it to go haywire during the night.

Oh, okay... well I love waking up to a illuminating blue light. It gives me a reason to get up and go to school. xD

LuzTeTT said:
Oh, okay... well I love waking up to a illuminating blue light. It gives me a reason to get up and go to school. xD
Thats something to wake up to. I once had it on during the night and I woke up suddenly to find a blue glow in the dark. It was just the Wii but it freaked me out for the first time. :lol:

Byuakuya said:
Thats something to wake up to. I once had it on during the night and I woke up suddenly to find a blue glow in the dark. It was just the Wii but it freaked me out for the first time. :lol:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me with my first Wii message. xD I woke up during the night and a blue light. I was thinking my mum had to sneak in to my room and break something ... boy was I scared until I came to my senses.
"Oh, that's the Wii!!" =D

LuzTeTT said:
Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me with my first Wii message. xD I woke up during the night and a blue light. I was thinking my mum had to sneak in to my room and break something ... boy was I scared until I came to my senses.
"Oh, that's the Wii!!" =D
Common experiences. Anyway nice to know you.

Back