How to find out how many Wii's your local walmart will get

Excellent post - I'm going to try it as soon as I can, and I'll post the results.

I did ask the electronics department of my walmart how they were handling the Wii system and they were pretty informative about it. I don't know if every walmart is the same though when it comes to how they are handling the Wii. My walmart said call or come in on the Friday before the release and they would have the number of how many preorders that store was getting. They said they would not know the exact number of preorders until that Friday the 17th. Then on Saturday they would line up that many chairs at the service desk area and when those chairs were filled up there would be no more systems. My walmart is also open 24 hours and would start selling them at midnight.

Nice. There's a couple of Wal-Marts in my area (both open 24 hours). One is in the town I live in and th other is 20 miles down the road to nowhere (just opened up in june). I'm planning on going to then one down the road because not many folks know about it. They've told me that they'll be putting their Wii's out at 8a.

The only problem that I can see is that if anyone in my town does a midnight launch (including the Wal-Mart here in town), then that Wal-Mart may catch the spillover. I can just see myself taking my time and getting to wally-world at 6a only to find that everyone who didn't get one at the Wal-Mart in town 6 hours ago had beat me to the line...

So, now, it's a thing of strategy. My town has an EB, Gamestop, Game Colloseum (new), and a Wal-Mart that sell console games. I have to find out exactly when each one plans to launch the Wii to get the timing down right (I don't want to be some loser standing alone at a Wal-Mart in BFE for 10 hours for a console - I'd rather sleep.)

This tip should help me gauge what my odds are at each venue.

I work at Wal*Mart, and we are getting 37 consoles on launch day. I plan on standing in line myself to get one on midnight... the great thing is that I get 10% on the console and games :D

I had them put it in the telxon . . . the Nintendo Wii came up but none of the information was filled in and there were only lots of zeros.

They just haven't updated it as of yet . . . so no knowing how many they have at my store or how many are at the warehouse or how many are on order.

Too bad. I'll get my wife at 7 P.M. Saturday night, drop her off at home, and then goto Wal-Mart. It should be 8 P.M. Hopefully there isn't a huge line.

I think it would be best to go by the week before - the stores may not have recieved their shipments yet...

If I'm not able to pre-order one I'm not sure what time I should get to Wal-Mart to wait. Maybe I'll see how many they are getting and base it off of that

Back