I finally got to play Soul Calibur Legends...

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
Since this games release it's been bashed which I can understand considering people we're expecting a lot because of this franchise's pedigree as well as namco usually making good games. So because of how bad this game was received I rented it the other day expecting to be extremely displeased with it.

I've watched several videos prior ,and I kept thinking it reminds me of a 3D Golden Axe. So I went in expecting this to be just like that with Soul Calibur splattered on it.

In which I feel thats what we really get is like Namco's version of a 3D Golden Axe. Golden Axe along with any beat'em up was move forward fight some bad guys the arrow tells you to go you move forward ,and repeat. We get the same effect here except no arrow just doors opening lol.

I'm not saying this game isn't without its flaws because it has many I have so many ideas in what I think would of been the right way to develop this as action adventure title ,but i'm not going to get into that.

In the end I've been having fun with it just expecting to get a Golden Axe-ish experience out of it which it pretty much offers. Play Golden Axe on VC then play this you'll see what I mean.

Wait... So are you saying it was good and worth getting, or bad?

i think it's a good game is what his message is.

I've heard so many mixed reviews about this game.
I may end up renting it sometime down the road as well.

Most say the game is disappointing, but some like it. Should rent it and then buy it if you like it. Unless its kind of short? Then you could beat it and be done with it.

i'm desperately hoping for an actual soul calibur fighter.

tekken works too!

I rented this one and was surprise to yet i though all the beat em up fans had died in some horrible plain crash or some thing. You are so on point about the golden ax reference. Yes some thing could be changed but I also played the co op with my brother. Me and him grew up crushing co op games when we where younger and he liked it too.
If a part two comes out with more best em up strategy in it i may go out and get this one. No more heros got the beat em up right though. I didn't get to beat it so maybe SC will get more intense yet i won't know unless i get it again. It should have been more over the top though fighting wise.

Really though as a gamer you should rent most games for your self. Bad reviews are there to kill the hype troll..LOL

i rented this game about a month or so ago and it was better than i thought it would be. sure its repetitive, but it doesn sort of deliver on where its supposed to. though i dont think the counts as an adventure game. its very linear. but fun while it lasts, not worth a buy but definatly worth a rent.

iOwnage said:
I guess Ill have to rent it then.

be warned, it will make your wrists hurt. you will have to choose your time to play wisely.:lol:

Well it depends on what you are expecting/looking for in this game depends on if you find it good ,or not.

If you are looking for an action/adventure game in vien of devil may cry god of war, or even castlevania look else where because it doesn't deliver on that.

On the other hand if you are looking for a good beat'em up something in vein of Golden Axe ,but in 3D then you will be happy.

I mainly made this post to see if anyone agreed with my thoughts on it basically being namco's 3D Golden Axe.

Here's how I would of changed the game.

*I like how they have multiple characters that's great & all ,but they all follow the same story line. It would of been better if they each had their own story mode (sort of like Sonic Adventure) sure you could have levels where they cross paths ,but they each would have their own storyline that would be unlocked as you find them in the game.

*My next thing is control wise. I'm not bothered by the motion swinging although i would of liked to see some kind of god of war-ish no more heroes-ish death swing when an enemy is weakened. Aside from that they do nothing with the Dpad ,or the 1 2 & minus button. i think the lock on should of used the dpad switch your target by pushing left ,and right instead of clicking through the lock on button to get to the guy you want. (i play with auto lock because the camera feels too lose without it.) This would of let the lock on button be an item button in other words you collect potions through the game ,and save them for the boss battles where there is no way to refill your life.

If not an item button they could have the charge attack on your lock on button ,and make B to where you hold it in for a strong slash.

So in other words a light slash would be swinging with out holding B then a strong slash could be while holding B kind of like simulating holding the sword tighter for stronger slash.

Those are my thoughts

Back