I got a question :O

rofljeff

WiiChat Member
Jun 19, 2007
My dad says playing with game systems on a plasma tv would leave permanent pictures of the game on the tv screen. Is this true? I'm getting a wii soon and my room might not have enough room to move around so I want to play in the living room but my dad said I can't play games on the new tv we have, because of the reason i stated up there.

rofljeff said:
My dad says playing with game systems on a plasma tv would leave permanent pictures of the game on the tv screen. Is this true?
Maybe if you hit it with the wiimote.

Nah, it's not true.

If you leave your game on pause then yes it may leave an image/impring of it on the screen. However as long as you don't leave your games on pause for that long then you should be fine.

Yes its true. If you pause the game or leave it on it will "burn" the image into the TV. The Wii should have an option to prevent that.

what if its left on pause and the tv screen is turned off?

Probably wont damage it seeing as the tv screen is off.

Computers are the same. If you leave the screen on without a screen saver, it will leave a faint image of whatever was on the screen, on the screen. It takes a very long time with CRT monitors though. Plasma tvs will get this effect much faster.

omg I don't use screen savers but my screen turns black after 20 minutes

That's bollocks. It'll only burn an image in the screen if you either leave the game paused for a few weeks and don't turn the TV off ever or set to brightness all the way up and leave it paused for a night.

Your dad's wrong.

ThePrinceOfSoul said:
LMAO

Sorry but man that was funny.

And no it shouldn't.
Finally got some response to that one...

And ya, listen to Gymdawg. He's right...most likely.

I read somewhere when I was researching HD TVs.

As of then, when the review was done, even plasma TV's have a long lasting screen. You'll have ot leave it on about 11 hours before it leaves the faintest imprint.

That was when the review was written, and I' don't know about now.

yeah i guess its true but its true for all tvs, but like everyone said above it takes ages and i doubt youd leave you TV and wii on and paused for a few days, or even overnight for that fact, ssbb_lover has already stated up there the most important danger, hittn it with the wiimote will casue alot more damage than an image burn

Back