I got a question :O

Whoever burns there TV deserves too. If they pause and leave there TV there not very responsible now are they.

Wiily Good said:
The burn in protection is just how it darkens when you leave it untouched for a few minutes, isn't it.
Yep, I think 360's do it automatically...

Wiily Good said:
The burn in protection is just how it darkens when you leave it untouched for a few minutes, isn't it.

Yes, which would prevent an image from being burnt in. But like was said, with todays screens it doesn't really happen. I mean on an old lcd laptop u could have that problem but I have left my new laptop on the same still image for days and had no burn in whatsoever.

rofljeff said:
omg I don't use screen savers but my screen turns black after 20 minutes

That's because you have it set to save power for your monitor...which is good. Keep it that way. But if you insist to leave it on, change it in the control panel.

Yes, the plasma TV can get that effect-called "ghosting". With today's technology, it's harder to do, but still doable. Search "plasma TV ghosting" in google to learn more.

Almo said:
yeah i guess its true but its true for all tvs, but like everyone said above it takes ages and i doubt youd leave you TV and wii on and paused for a few days, or even overnight for that fact, ssbb_lover has already stated up there the most important danger, hittn it with the wiimote will casue alot more damage than an image burn

Eh...it's not true for all TVs. Mainly plasma screens and CRT monitors. And the Wiimote joke was killed before it even existed.

"for a few days, or even overnight for that fact"...Wow. Two days=More than just overnight.

Last edited:
Back