i got my 4 wii jackets

do they really spell it "ausome" in england?

I agree though, I got mine yesturday (despite never receiving a shipment email like others did) and I think their really nice. Obviously if you use a battery charger or something, their out of the question. But otherwise, seems to be more comfortable for some of my Zelda playing last night.

If you haven't ordered any, do so. Even if you don't plan on using... you just may have some little kids playing your wii at some point and youll be glad to have something protecting your controller from their grubby little hands.

I ordered some and got the deliverd (uk) and they are awesome.
I ordered two, but got four, which is always nice! Maybe Ninty are hinting I should buy more wiimotes!!
I really want those new straps with the clip things :(

KyleForMe : Do you realise Mario is playing without a sensor bar? :)

KyleForMe said:
do they really spell it "ausome" in england?

No. Most English people can spell "awesome" and other words correctly.

Unlike Americans :lol:

(The word "color" comes to mind)

Actually americans are the ones who cant spell, (if u were being sarcastic it worked lol)

after all, americans originated in britain, and we made the lanuguge,

so americans have slowly but surely changed it.

Colour-color

light-lite

also changing the meanings of words

Gas-Petrol/Fuel (i dont understand, since when did we put gas in our cars)

Chips-Fries (for us, Fries are called chips, and Chips are called Crisps)

Pop, soda (fizzy juice people)

and many many more lol

but ontopic, i got mine today :) i got 3, i ordered 3, i have 2 remotes LOL

daviduk200 said:
Actually americans are the ones who cant spell, (if u were being sarcastic it worked lol)

We made the "lanuguge" did we? :lol:

Good points all, but if you read my post carefully you'll see I made no implications that it is incorrect by all standards. I just really wanted to know if that is how it is spelled because of all the variations I've seen in english, I've never seen that one.
Btw I have a B.A. degree in U.S. History, so I know what your talking about.

And in comment to David, I dont think anyone besides kitchy pop culture actually spells the word light as "lite". Hopefully kids these days know the difference between intentional mistakes in spelling and whatnot.

End of boring post... now.

I'm Still waiting for the confirmation email... maybe they just forgot the email and it will be in the mail today, oh how I wish

bilzar said:
I'm Still waiting for the confirmation email... maybe they just forgot the email and it will be in the mail today, oh how I wish

Did you ever get an order conformation? If not I would call their 800 number to verify that they received your order. I did and they were more than happy to help. The number is 866-431-8367.

If you mean you never received a shipping email, then dont worry. I didn't either and already received mine.

KyleForMe said:
Did you ever get an order conformation? If not I would call their 800 number to verify that they received your order. I did and they were more than happy to help. The number is 866-431-8367.

If you mean you never received a shipping email, then dont worry. I didn't either and already received mine.

Yeah, I got the confirmation just not the shipment...

Oh thanks, that cheers me up =)

Do you get the email straight away? I ordered 4 from the site (on my wii) and it said that the order had gone through on the site, that was yesterday and nothings there atm, be it in my inbox or my junkmail.

Ordered mine the first day they were advertising.

Havn't recieved the jackets or a confirmation email. :(

I don't particularly need/want them, I would just like to have them "just in case"

daviduk200 said:

so americans have slowly but surely changed it.

Colour-color

light-lite

also changing the meanings of words

Gas-Petrol/Fuel (i dont understand, since when did we put gas in our cars)

Chips-Fries (for us, Fries are called chips, and Chips are called Crisps)

Pop, soda (fizzy juice people)

and many many more lol

but ontopic, i got mine today :) i got 3, i ordered 3, i have 2 remotes LOL

1/2 correct. Americans originated from a lot of different places namely in Europe. But yes english obviously originated in England. However as far as spelling and meaning changing it was more of a natural evolution. And when fuel became a common word America was no longer part of England so it's quite understandable that we call it different things, and as much as i do agree with you that it should be called fuel not "gas", the term gas came from the product gasoline not the elemental state of being gasious. Same thing with soda/pop. Americans used to call it pop as well but then it evolved to soda, i'm not sure why really. Similar to how the word "fag" or "gay" evolved :p Sorry i'm just really bored at work and had absolutely nothing better to do than to hop on this thread and make a pretty worthless post.

Kyle

smyth said:
1/2 correct. Americans originated from a lot of different places namely in Europe. But yes english obviously originated in England. However as far as spelling and meaning changing it was more of a natural evolution. And when fuel became a common word America was no longer part of England so it's quite understandable that we call it different things, and as much as i do agree with you that it should be called fuel not "gas", the term gas came from the product gasoline not the elemental state of being gasious. Same thing with soda/pop. Americans used to call it pop as well but then it evolved to soda, i'm not sure why really. Similar to how the word "fag" or "gay" evolved :p Sorry i'm just really bored at work and had absolutely nothing better to do than to hop on this thread and make a pretty worthless post.

Kyle

I have never heard another English person reffer to any kind of fizzy drink as "pop"

Back