I have never played Zelda...

ChristmasWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
I always loved Mario, but never really attempted Zelda. I have TP, starring at me, sealed in it's Wii case...Is it worth it for a Zelda noob to crack it open and play?

i aswell have never gotten into zelda,played it once or twice before tp,but i got it with my wii for xmas,and its sort of hard to get into,kind of because you dont know where your starting from in a way

but yea play it,its fun and really good

I wouldn't recommend Zelda TP for your first time around, you should probably start at OoT, then play TP, it will make a lot more sense.

Half Empty said:
I wouldn't recommend Zelda TP for your first time around, you should probably start at OoT, then play TP, it will make a lot more sense.

Oh dang. Sucks to be me then because I've never played Zelda and I got TP for Christmas..

Half Empty said:

I respectfully disagree. There is absolutely no need to play Ocarina of Time first. While TP uses a lot of the same same concepts and "locations" the game is completely different and not in any way a direct sequel. The dungeons in TP, even when they have the same name as one in OoT bear no resemblence.

Where I really disagree with this though is that TP moves more quickly and gives you more to do in the first hour of play than Ocarina...not to mention it's much easier on the eyes than Ocarina.

You definitely owe it to yourself to put at least 60 minutes into Twilight before deciding whether to continue. Zelda is one of the great video game franchises of all time for a reason...and you pretty much have the best of the bunch...or at least an equal to the best of the bunch...right there for you to enjoy. At least try it. If you hate it, since it's still new, it's trade in value should be high at EB or other places.

Last edited:
Any Zelda game is good. Some better than others, but Zelda:TP will change your gaming forever. It is awesome!

The only real value in playing the old games at this point is that you'll recognize the references to them that are all over in TP. TP is still great all on its own without knowing any Zelda history. Where you will say 'this is nice music here in the entrance to the temple of time' we will say 'HEEY its the song of time'. :) I said something similar in another thread hiding around here somewhere.

I always loved Mario, but never really attempted Zelda. I have TP, starring at me, sealed in it's Wii case...Is it worth it for a Zelda noob to crack it open and play?
Quoted for Truth: My cousin came around to try out the Wii and so he tried Zelda TP (Which is his first Zelda game ever) and has been hooked on it ever since.

The power of Zelda compels him!

Back