I know wii sports is FREE for a reason but...WHY IS WII BOXING SO RANDOM!

rdizzle

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Wii Boxing is super random i do a clear uppercut i end up doing a hook and i do a jab and some how its a hook? i love boxing its fun ( im PrO) but the training levels are to hard cuz i can't do a decent combo.

Arent all the training levels pretty hard... i think so i like to consider myself a good gamer i like this challenge but..

is it just my setup that wii boxing registration suckS?

(sensor bar below tv).

Boxing does not use the sensor bar at all. However, it is definitely the least responsive of the Wii games I've played so far.

LordVance said:
Boxing does not use the sensor bar at all. However, it is definitely the least responsive of the Wii games I've played so far.

Agreed. Have you tried baseball, tennis, or bowling. In my opinion the 3 best wii sports games.

Jesse said:
Agreed. Have you tried baseball, tennis, or bowling. In my opinion the 3 best wii sports games.
True.. those are my fav's. but i still play boxing though ;)

I use just Jabs to the face etc and duck and dodge. Those moves work well so I enjoy it. I don't try things that I know don't work. But Boxing is the Worst for the sensor bar. Maybe an Update?

My favourite is definetly bowling. Its awesome putting spin on the ball and curving it in to pick up that one last pin for the spare

lol im not an idiot i was doing controlled punches it still will do an uppercut when im trying to jab or w/e.... im following this guys "moves list" its seeming to work alot better now. but it is still off at times thanks anyway im gold on a training level now.

No problem, it's really helped me move up too. I've doubled my standing in the last couple days because of that link.

I have figured out though that while some of his moves work, they aren't the most intuitive. The big difference is with hooking. I think what determines a hook is that you are "hitting" your opponent with the bottom of the wiimote or nunchuck. He says hold the Wiimote and turn 90 degrees counter-clockwise with your right hand. That works, but what works best is if you punch, and while punching twist your wrist so that the back of the Wiimote is "hitting" the other guy. The angle of the Wiimote will determine if you hit high or low.

This works with the nunchuck too (which is harder because it's smaller) so I've been able to throw the full gamut of punches with both hands pretty accurately.

One issue that I didn't notice before reading a guide I found online was that there are 3 different strengths of punches. The stronger, the longer it takes for that arm to recover. While it's recovering, you can't use it. So, if you make a movement while it's still recovering, it'll seem like the games messed up, but it's just stopping the game from turning into a mad punch-as-fast-as-you-can fest.

Back