I need help connecting to the net!!!

SeanKoury

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
First of all, I have a Linksys Wireless-B Ethernet Bridge, and have NO idea how to connect this to my PC. I was told to do it through the cable modem, but am still at a loss.

Second, does this work with the Wii?

Third, thanks in advance for any help. :)

Sean,
You don't hardwire connect the bridge to your PC except, possibly, for initial configuration. You connect the bridge to the cable modem (there should be an ethernet out port on the modem and you plug a cat-5 cable from that to the bridge and turn the bridge on.
As for configuration after that go to the Linksys website and they have good support for the connection.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Mom

So what is connected to the computer then?

I have one ethernet slot on my modem and one slot on the bridge that says LAN under it?

I'm lost.

A WLAN bridge is just that, it bridges the WLAN into your eth port. In order to use the bridge, you need to buy a USB eth adapter for the WII and a WLAN access point (so the bridge has something to connect to). OR you can use the bridge as the AP but then you would need to either unplug your comp when you want the Wii online, or add another eth card into your computer and setup internet connection sharing.

A wireless bridge by itself will not help you get online, sorry

what equipment do you have? just to make it easier

like:
internet (cable/dsl)
router (brand and kind, model # would help)
any accessories (LAN adaptor, USB WIFI adaptor)

Back