I need some suggestions!!!

UKWildcats

WiiChat Member
May 7, 2010
Ohio
Alright, I've owned a Wii since nearly the beginning but I only own Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Resident Evil 4, Tiger Woods 10, and Mario Kart.

I am looking to buy a new game to kind of play on my own as Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Tiger Woods only really get used in a party setting at this point -- or at least that's when they're the most fun for me.

A little bit about myself:

When it comes to games I mainly play FPS on the computer and sports games on the console. I absolutely love Wii Sports, Tiger Woods 10, and ESPECIALLY Mario Kart.

I wasn't a big fan (thus far) of Resident Evil 4, though I know I am in the minority. I feel like the newest MLB game didn't get great reviews and I am unsure of the most recent NBA game. I would rather wait until the next wave of football games to make that investment. And I really should try something other than sports on the console.

I am not opposed to an FPS but I feel they're better suited for a computer, unless there was just one I HAD to have on the Wii. What about CoD 4: Modern Warfare?

I'm normally not great at the traditional platformer but I'm willing to try new things.

I was leaning towards Super Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros. but that was simply because of familiarity.

Based on all of this...I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS!

Please help as I'd like to get my Wii more use.

Thanks,

Matt
a.k.a. UKWildcats

i totally i agree with wii fit plus

Both the new super mario bros and supeer mario galaxy are good but, cod 4 is also amazing. I guess it all depends on what your looking for.

Wii Fit Plus is a good expansion if you enjoy Wii Fit. Likewise Wii Sports Resort is an amazing game that takes Wii Sports to new levels. Like the original game it is best in a party setting though.

COD: Modern Warfare Reflex is the best pure FPS on the Wii. Whether you would like it or not I'm not sure though; as you are used to PC quality FPS which have equal controls but much better graphics.

Red Steel 2 would be an excellent choice as it is something that you won't see on the PC due to the unique controls, it is more a first person hack n' slash than a FPS. It is only single player and quite short (10 to 20 hours at most) but a lot of fun weilding the sword.

Both Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros are excellent games. NSMB is better when played with friends, although it is still a good single player game in its own right. SMG is single player and the levels range from ridiculously easy to quite hard. SMG2 is also out soon which should be more challenging. You really can't go wrong with a Mario game (except maybe Mario Party 8, Tennis or Sluggers).

I haven't played the NBA games but they don't seem that great from reviews. It would probably be better to wait for NBA Jam to release this year. MLB Power Pros is the best baseball series on the Wii, don't be fooled by its cartooney graphics as it has a lot of depth.

You might want to consider some action games too. No More Heroes/2 and Madworld are great games, although a bit on the short side (6 to 10 hours). Other options could be Scarface, The Godfather and Bully which are GTA styled and offer around 60 or 70 hours play each.

Even better would be Monster Hunter Tri. If you can handle the controls (better with classic pro controller) then it is a huge and addictive game; with potentially hundreds of hours play off and online. I'm already 60 hours into it and not even close to being finished.

can u share more of what your looking for?
could u name a few games you like of other systems?

i dont think there is a fps u have to have yet but theres a few coming out which look promising. cod mw reflex is the best so far and is a great game but if u have other fps its not a must in my opinion

mario galaxy is a great game and so is new super mario bros that i doubt u would regret but search youtube for the gameplay vids. galaxy is a great 3d game where new super mario bros is more of a oldschool side scroller that u can pick up and play. i must recommend zelda too.

there plenty of sports games out there
u have golf covered!
what other sports games do u like
mario has his own take on sports games
for example mario strikers(soccer) is tons of fun
punch out is kinda cool too.

Back