rate my games and suggest some games you think i'd like

colliric

WiiChat Member
Apr 7, 2010
Blackburn North, Vic, Australia.
Wii Online Code
6350-6887-1289-6324
Here's my little library of games(from most fav to least fav, including my own "critics" rating in brackets):
Dead Space: Extraction(9.5/10)
Super Smash Bros Brawl(10/10)
Resident Evil 4(9/10)
Super Mario Galaxy(10/10)
Mario Kart Wii(9.5/10)
The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess(9/10)
Scarface:The World is yours(8.5/10)
Link's Crossbow Training(5/10... should have had a plot really. it was pretty good though otherwise)
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0(8/10 for a retro controlled game.. although really 3/10 compared to other wii titles)
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz(never actually played it)
Top Spin 3(7/10... no career mode and a too easy control scheme)
Wii Sports(4/10.. Dont understand why people like it)
Wii Play(1/10, just an intro disk really)

What games do you have? what games do you suggest I get? what other great horror games are on the Wii? should I be ****ed going all the way out to fountain Gate EB just to get "Metroid Prime Trilogy"?

I'd rate your games about the same, some a little lower like Dead Space and Wii sports a lot higher. That's a party game though, if you play on your own it's no way near as much fun.

From what you have and really enjoyed I'd suggest you look at some of these:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - The best fighting game on the Wii (or any console) alongside SSBB.

Okami - An adventure very much like Zelda (both even have you playing as a wolf) and one of the few that is actually as good as Zelda too.

The Godfather - A sandbox game very similar to Scarface but more 50s gangster themed and uses motion controls better, I'd rate them equally.

Excitebots - The second best Wii racing game after Mario Kart, has tons of stuff to do in it.

They most closely match what you rated highly, but there are a lot of other great games that you may like, COD MW Reflex, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, Madworld, Muramasa, Monster Hunter Tri and of course Super Mario Galaxy 2 next month.

As for horror games on the Wii there are quite a few. Most are pretty average, Obscure 2 is an old style Resident Evil clone, Calling is a low budget horror game and The Grudge is a basic ghost house simulator. The best pure horror game on the Wii though is Silent Hill Shattered Memories. It has no combat whatsoever, the scares mostly being seeds planted in your own mind, so it isn't for everyone.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy would be worth going to the ends of the earth for. 3 of the greatest games for the price of 1 is a steal. If you haven't played a Metroid game before then be warned that they are as much about exploration, back tracking and puzzles as they are shooting. If you are up for that then you won't find a better collection anywhere.

Back