I r confused and kinda sad

carajean

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Ok I want to buy some new games. And Im in a really stuck state.

First I am competely saddened by the fact that nintendo didnt release anything that i can do on the internet to interact with others. I was so excited to get my wii i waited 10 hours now im just wondering why i didnt wait till after christmas when everything was gonna be implimented??

Second I want a good game but I dont have the money to spend on buying all the 4 games i want then finding out 3 of them completely suck. I want cod3, red steel, far cry and nfs carbon ( and possible the marvel game ). The thing that sucks though is the fact that there isnt ONLINE play.

Third I was wondering if getting the component cables will really make a difference or will i just be better off not getting them. I wanted to get a new small tv and surround sound. I was thinking maybe the zoombox projector the kiddie one and some cheap surround sound that has the dolby.

I NEED HELP!!! please leave some input so that i dont feel like i wasted my money and time with this system.

Get COD3 over Red Steel - you'll have more fun.

Get Component cables if your TV has the correct input sockets, plus check to see if your TV supports progressive scan. Even though the component cables work without progressive scan, you will get the best picture with progressive scan. If you have an HD TV, I would get the componet cables (I will be).

carajean said:
First I am competely saddened by the fact that nintendo didnt release anything that i can do on the internet to interact with others. I was so excited to get my wii i waited 10 hours now im just wondering why i didnt wait till after christmas when everything was gonna be implimented??

I NEED HELP!!! please leave some input so that i dont feel like i wasted my money and time with this system.
First. learn to use proper English, lol :)
Second, so you waited for 10 hours in line and did you get the Wii or not?
If not its your fault for not thinking, and if you did get the Wii, more people standed in line longer than you.

i rented cod3 it seemed fun but it will get old fast since theres no multiplayer. Red steels multiplayer is really fun, havnt played story mode. Far cry looks promising, as thats the first thing on my christmas list. About the component cable, im not sure but im probly buying one

Don't worry about the online function, it's coming soon. Right now all we can do is leave messages with other wii users, but soon the Internet Channel is coming out, and also online games will start to pop up. (First online game [as far as I've heard] is a Pokemon game).

I don't know much about those games. About Red Steel, I've heard that despite the controls, it is actually a pretty good game. If you've never played a Zelda game, you might wanna start with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It depends on if you're a Zelda fan.

Sorry, I don't know anything about component cables, besides the fact that they're hard to get ahold of.

There's always GameCube games and Virtual Console games until the good games and online games start coming out.

Sorry if I didn't help much.

Well, I'm not a big online gamer so I have no pitty for you there. If online play was the biggest factor for you then maybe the Wii wasn't the best choice, did you think about that before your 10 hour long wait? For game suggestions mine would be LOZ or COD3 and quite a few GC games will keep you very busy.

I find online great, but just because it's online doesn't mean it's good. Super Smash Bros. Brawl online is what I'm excited about, though.

unluckylink13 said:
I find online great, but just because it's online doesn't mean it's good. Super Smash Bros. Brawl online is what I'm excited about, though.

indeed. It will be the reason for buying a wii for some people

yes i have a wii and yes during my wait i thought about all this but i was so damn exicted i was beside myself. but the reason im really down about the online game features is because i see so much potential for them and it seems they are putting us on some waiting plan or something. cause there would have been so many people hooked if redsteel or cod3 had a online feature. imagine the feedback nintendo would have gotten.

You have to realise that those who bought launch wii's were guinea pigs in some respects. You didn't buy one straight up because of all the available on-line functionality or the plethora of VC games, because these are non-existent. People who waited for hours in line did so because THEY WANTED TO BE FIRST TO OWN ONE>. Every launch piece of technology, every first batch will always be buggy. Just look at everyone who went out and bought MacBooks as soon as they were released, there were problems everywhere. Me, personally, i only want to play zelda. It really doesn't warrant me buying a Wii at this point because honestly all the other games look crap. Wii sports looks cool for some party fun, but i'd rather wait till the games i know will be kick arse are released Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Final Fantasy. It will be interesting to see how all this online stuff pans out. I really hope it takes off, but it is early days.

Back