I was enjoying Tiger Woods 07, until yesterday...

KenR7A

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2007
Up until yesterday, I had no major complaints about Tiger Woods 07. Sure you had to learn the way they worked the wii remote into the swing mechanics, but once you got that down, the game was pretty fun! Until yesterday.....

I had a few shots that landed on the green well over 50 from the pin. I got the "Longest Putt" message letting me know that I could break a record if I sank this putt. No matter what I did, I couldnt hit the ball more than 30 ft. I waited until he pulled all the way back and then swung back hard. You would think that the ball would go flying, but no... you can make putts longer than 30 ft. :mad5:

Next, I had an extremley uphill putt. I couldnt generate enough power to hit it up the hill!! It kept coming back down! I had to CHIP WHILE ON THE GREEN just to get the ball close to the hole. Are you even allowed to chip while on the green in real life???

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad5:

yeah i agree mate...the putting is really hit n miss really...sometimes its too hard or to slow its actually beggars belief. And the chip issue....happened with ma bro and he it was only going a few yards even though his shot was straight and he had a lot of power behind it....wired or what eh!!! :mad2:

I am having a problem with hooking all my drives. I even turn my wiimote out to force a slice and it still hooks.. not sure what is going on...

jspicoli said:
I am having a problem with hooking all my drives. I even turn my wiimote out to force a slice and it still hooks.. not sure what is going on...

try moving the sensor bar, happened to me.
and OP, yeah its allowed in real golf, i had to pitch a shot from over 70 feet, actually went in, but they didn't count it as a putt. this and clubs in the bag needs to be changed in 08, as well as online play.

I made a 43 foot putt that wasn't downhill, so it's possible. What the trick is, I have no idea, I just hit the ball...

I've hit a 19.2m putt, thats over 60 feet. I'm quite good at putting, in the Stats part of the Game Face menu, I'm like 125 ranked for most aspects but I'm 1st in putting. Putting isn't realistic but once you learn how to do it, you can get pretty reliable.

NickHopkins, as and interpretation of rule 14.1 in the USGA rulebook summarizes, in "real life" a golfer can use any club they want on any part of the golf course...see below, although haven't had too much time to make a full assessment. Obviously, the graphics don't compare to XBox 360 or PS3, but so far I'm having more fun with Tiger than with any other game for the Wii.

Using Club other than Putter on Putting Green?

Q. Is it permissible to use a club other than a putter to play a stroke on the putting green?

A. Yes, the Rules of Golf do not stipulate the type of club that must be used for making a stroke on the putting green or anyplace else on the golf course.

the trick with hitting the ball whether it be a full on drive, a chip or a putt stroke is all about timing and speed of the wiimote. if you swing fast you will generate a lot of virtual power in your stroke, the faster you swing the more power you will generate.

as for hitting the ball straight - thats all about timing. watch your guy on screen and watch as he swings his club back. if you let him pause at the top of your backswing then you will not hit a straight shot no matter how still you keep your wiimote. always aim to start your downswing while he is still on his backswing. that way you will get straight(ish) shots with power.

for putting use exactly the same method with regards timing. i also find it better to swing the wiimote forward to start his backswing then pull back to hit the ball forward - wierd i know but it does help when faced with a 2 inch putt or a 50 ft putt. my longest putt so far has been just over 45 feet.

so, in short, practise your speed and your timing

the putting thing is my main concern about the game. there's doesn't seem to be a consistent way to hit long putts.

as for the thing about in real golf if it's legal to chip on the green... it is. i've actually seen it on TV once when the golfer was on a sort of horseshoe shaped green and there was no way for them to hole it out in one without lofting it over the arced part of the green.

couple questions about the game:
is it normal when you're putting for the match and the controller starts to vibrate when you press the B button to swing? i started playing the tiger challenge and on my putt for the match, the controller started vibrating for no apparent reason.

also, is there a way to stop and save the game in the middle of a round or match?

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to try again today and see if I can putt a little harder. :rolleyes:

I have been experiencing the same vibration at the end of the match.
I'm supposing this is to make it more difficult??

pacman said:
I have been experiencing the same vibration at the end of the match.
I'm supposing this is to make it more difficult??

it means you're in a pressure situation, but i don't think it makes it anymore or less difficult.

Back