If you wear uniforms to school, how do you stand out?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well, my school is a uniform-one.

Khaki/navy school pants, and either a grey or white school shirt.
Gotta wear a belt.

And so on.

But, people do stuff to stand out.
This one girl I know, Margaret (or, Margarita as kids/teachers call her), is the Queen of Color Matching. Her family's got some money, and she comes to school with like, four different sets of matching jackets/shoes/optional scarf thingies. She's a nice girl who doesn't let the money get to her head and treat people like they're poor; she's nice.

And there's me.
Me and this one senior (he graduated though) wear.....
Suit jackets.
But he goes the extra step and wears a black tie.

But next year, I'll be the guy with a suit jacket; hopefully I can set a decency standard.

Plus, I looks dashingly snazzy ;D

And on out of dress days, a handful of us Theatre kids wear full tuxedos.

So, what do you do to stand out IF YOUR SCHOOL HAS UNIFORMS?
Most people I know to stand out have little buttons on their booksack things.

To stand out I would probably wear an occasional jacket and or zip up sports hoody.

I ware one at work
- Flease (clue)
- Baseball cap

I hate waring both
Baseball caps and long hair dont mix
And fleaseies make me swet like fug

well, you could go the tie route, and maybe throw in a pair of converse or vans slip ons (the checkered kind, of course :thumbsup:)

My school is also uniformed. We have to wear a blue, or white polo shirt and black/navy pants, with a belt, shoes, and our shirt must be tucked in.

What i do is after the first week of the new school year is put my sneakers on(etnies) never have my shirt tucked in and i lose the belt completely. teachers dont care much anymore. the last day of school my friend made his hair a mohawk and i pushed it back.

I actually love school uniforms. I think it makes me look smarter than my casual clothes. :lol:
But I try to stand out by using my personality rather than by physical appearance. :)

When I was at school, to stand out what I would do, and it's actually quite clever this, what I would do would be to first put my right foot forward, and sure enough, the left followed. Hence, I stood out.

Everyone in my school seems to think that opening your tie to make it look really fat is a trend or something, so I just make the knot of my tie really really small (peanut it), and I wear pink socks lol.

Our school was VERY strict about uniform, before the girls had to wear a skirt and you'd get sent home if you wasn't wearing one, but after protesting LOADS and doing loads of petitions we got to wear trousers, but they had to be plain black.

Well I wore pinstripe trousers :cool: and I'd usually wear my black converses although I wasn't allowed. By the last year they just got fed up of telling me so they just let me..

Last edited:
Your clothes shouldn't be what make you stand out. Your personality should be what does that. Your not gonna wear a school uniform all your life, concentrate on improving your persona. :yesnod:

I went to an all boys school so there was no need to impress on the clothing as there were no hotties or cuties to impress!!!!.

The more dirty you ended up by the end of school day, the more kudos you got ! :lol:

i wore uniform until i went to high school....... it felt like the uniforms were holding me back from expressing myself......

no, ur school doesn't stand out

Back