ign's second sad opinion on red steel

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
http://wii.ign.com/articles/740/740913p1.html

if u download the file (45 min. mp3) they talk about how red steel's controls arn't so good. meaning they are slow but a lil more quicker than b4. i'm still getting this game, but i hope they fix the controls and make it quicker, as far as the turning goes. i know metroid won't have this problem bcuz om e3 (i think) or fusion or SOME show, they siad that metroid is gonna have different levels of difficulty and that the hardest is the most quikest. again....theses "movements" are based on turning, like when you look to the left or the right or up or down. but i don't care, red steel looks VERY promising and its looks like a franchise that will go down all the way.

man ime not getting that game.. unless it gets abit better, the first trailer was AWESOME but then after that it just got crapper and crapper, i think some of the games look so much cooler than that 1

i heard that ubisoft are gonna put a sensitivity option in the game, so it shouldnt be too much of a problem

NeMeZyZ said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/740/740913p1.html

if u download the file (45 min. mp3) they talk about how red steel's controls arn't so good. meaning they are slow but a lil more quicker than b4. i'm still getting this game, but i hope they fix the controls and make it quicker, as far as the turning goes. i know metroid won't have this problem bcuz om e3 (i think) or fusion or SOME show, they siad that metroid is gonna have different levels of difficulty and that the hardest is the most quikest. again....theses "movements" are based on turning, like when you look to the left or the right or up or down. but i don't care, red steel looks VERY promising and its looks like a franchise that will go down all the way.

do you think all games will have slow/bad controls? They said its slow.. I hope its just for that game.. What do u guys think?

Wiitime said:
do you think all games will have slow/bad controls? They said its slow.. I hope its just for that game.. What do u guys think?

i hope they are not cus if they are i will sell my wii by xmas!

:mad5:

[good time 2 cus i can still sell it for the same price or more!]

i am getting really nervous..... bad controls/ slow controls.?? Uh ooo..... Help!!!!!!!!!! This is not good at all:scared:

I'm still getting it. I trust Ubisoft will do a great job with the control scheme. After all, the Wiimote is new and it's good that they are one of the first to test it out. Probably in the future, there will be shooters with really refined controls. There is a sensitivity control, saw it on one of those french jeux videos.

-----------------

Had an idea, maybe if they kept the crosshair static it would be awesome. Very much like a mouse, maybe even exactly.

Its probably more the fact that its a demo not the full finished game, there will probably be a sensitivity setting in the game just like shooters out now, and the demos haven't been up to speed with the actual build either since they have to section off the demo and load the level different, they even said that ubisoft had told them I believe in this one demo play that this was not the build they were working on right then, I'd wait a little while more and check other sites who don't say this to get a more general opinion, after all one man's girlfriend is another man's t.., wait hows that go again, well you get the point not everyone likes the same thing. What I really hope at least one good FPS will have is changing/tuning the turning speed and size of the box you have to aim in all the way down to no box, and up to having to move off screen.

Last edited:
Back