Insomniacs assemble!!

Pffft
Badass fabulous?
*in uncle's voice*
No such thing
Oh, you naive person....

Spoilers in white text, don't highlight if you don't wanna be spoiled on certain things. Please don't quote either.

Kefka (Destroys the damn world)
Ghirahim (Breaks apart giant boulders with his sword, catches your sword in between his fingers, etc)
Xenoblade character (Zanza, the evil god. He's a god. Need I say more?)
Last Story character (Jirall, the prince. Is a pussy at first, but when he goes crazy, he's freaking badass)

Probably more that I either don't know about or not coming to mind.

2011-08-29.jpg

Where did you get that from?

Badassery is the opposite of fabulous.
Fabulous people try to stand out
Badass people don't have to

Badass is to not be showy
Badass people are people that kick ass. Badass people don't need to try and stand out, but you have yet to explain how being badass means you can't be fabulous also.

Manly is the opposite of fabulous, though, because manly implies masculine traits (shut up I know I used to intertwine it with badass, not anymore) while fabulous involves feminine traits. Your logic seems rather sexist.

Badass people are people that kick ass. Badass people don't need to stand out, but you have yet to explain how being badass means you can't be fabulous also.
Fabulous people are dramatic and try to stand out
Badass people just don't care about appearances

And no it is not about being kick ass. Sometimes it's also about being humble and self-disciplined. They don't care for glory. They don't care how people see them. They just give it there all and let there actions speak and not their words. Which includes not fighting.

is the opposite of fabulous, though, because manly implies masculine traits (shut up I know I used to intertwine it with badass, not anymore) while fabulous involves feminine traits. Your logic seems rather sexist.
Badassery is all about not showing off
Both genders have badasses but badass usually ties more closely to the masculine

Edit: in fact I would say it is a masculine trait
no before you run your mouth about me being sexist, both genders have both masculinity and femininity in them. It is up to the individual how much of each side that person has.

Being a badass in essence is more about being masculinely mature

Last edited:
Your definition of badass is rather peculiar. I disagree with your definition completely.
How is it particular

Watch Jet Li's Fearless
I would not call him a badass in the beginning of the story but in the end he became more mature thus becoming a badass

If you read my edit above, being a badass is about being mature masculine wise.

*Gets the popcorn out*

Badarse
explosion_thumb.jpg

20219-620x-dio.jpg

Fabulous

How is it particular

Watch Jet Li's Fearless
I would not call him a badass in the beginning of the story but in the end he became more mature thus becoming a badass

If you read my edit above, being a badass is about being mature masculine wise.
When people say badass they generally mean powerful.

Mature ≠ badass, but maturity still is a good quality.

That is where the comic comes in
It is not about power
It's about restraint

Badass = Maturity with Power or Skill
That's the stereotype badass. It's also probably the most common kind of badass in real life.

Badass is a vague term, I see it used to describe anything awesome all the time. I don't see a point in arguing about this.

That's the stereotype badass. It's also probably the most common kind of badass in real life.

Badass is a vague term, I see it used to describe anything awesome all the time. I don't see a point in arguing about this.
Nein

You are confusing Kick Ass with Badass
They are not the same

If anything your definition of badass is the stereotype

^Basically. And yes.

You are confusing Kick Ass with Badass
They are not the same

If anything your definition of badass is the stereotype
Most badasses you see are the ones you were talking about, in most media. Regardless of the definition, I'd call that a stereotype.

I'm looking up the definition and they either support your argument or mine, it really is just a vague term at this point.

Back