Insomniacs assemble!!

49ers?
Are they one player short?

Meh, professional sports. Never understood what was so entertaining about watching people run around with a ball. I can understand how it would be fun if you were actually playing, though.

I think a lot of it is just the fun in rooting for your favorite teams. I can relate to that in a few areas.

^Try watching Rugby in a pub among Rugby fans.

Its fun

I'm sure.

I'm currently eyeing a profession in game design moreso then graphic design, since I would really like to make video games. I think that when I learn the code and stuff more, I'm gonna make a fan Pokemon game.

Besides the obvious inclusion in it (you should all know), I think I'll include:
  • Party of trainers. Max of three playable at once, and they would each send out a Pokemon in a triple battle. But so there isn't a lack of double and single battles, there would be points when the group would have to split up and such. The trainers (aside from your character) would have assigned Pokemon, aside from maybe a few slots in their party.
  • Generation V engine/graphics, with fan made Gen VI sprites thrown in. Not sure if I wanna go through the trouble of animating them or not, I may make none of the sprites animated, dunno.
  • Maybe some new moves and abilities thrown in, depends how much I can do with the codes. Also would include some Gen VI moves if possible.
  • Totally new areas

I'd probably need help in making this of course, dunno about who to get for the job.

Last edited:
It's very hard
But you should start with a gen 3 engine
There are a lot of tools for it

and I do have all the useful tools

It's very hard
But you should start with a gen 3 engine
There are a lot of tools for it

and I do have all the useful tools
But I would like to include all the Pokemon in it. That would just be more of a hassle then with this. I question if the Gen V engine is even that much more difficult to work with then the Gen III engine.

Though the Gen VI engine is just out of the question lol. No way can I screw with graphics like that.

But I would like to include all the Pokemon in it. That would just be more of a hassle then with this. I question if the Gen V engine is even that much more difficult to work with then the Gen III engine.

Though the Gen VI engine is just out of the question lol. No way can I screw with graphics like that.
You know you can add what ever pokemon you want
so you can have all the pokemon in it including gen 6 and still use the gen 3 engine
The abilities woudl be the hardest to program though

I'm aware. That is an option I guess, I'll have to learn more about the engines before I make a decision.

By the time I even do this the Gen V engine may have more tools to work with. A Gen IV engine is possible too. Hmm.

Back