Insomniacs assemble!!

I like the style of the early-mid twentieth century (1900-1959)
everything from cars, music, hats, ice cream, and technology.

Which means I don't look hipster in my fedora

Last edited:
I like the style of the early-mid twentieth century (1900-1959)
everything from cars, music, hats, ice cream, and technology.

Technology of the 50s?

There was bugger all
Problem is most people that try to look like they are from them fail

URL]

People say I am trying to look like im from the 80s.

I aint trying

Tennis is better then volleyball, and fedoras are cool. Before Assasin hates on this entire post, I'll take this opportunity to say that Xenoblade is awesome. Now you can't touch me!
I have never said I have anything against fedoras. They are simply a common trait of hipsters, who I do have problems with. Tennis sucks, volleyball is better.
I like the style of the early-mid twentieth century (1900-1959)everything from cars, music, hats, ice cream, and technology.
I think you simply don't know enough about it to make a decent judgement of the era. A rather ugly time. I prefer the cowboy era and the 60-80's era, currently.

Meaning the style of technology

I think you simply don't know enough about it to make a decent judgement of the era. A rather ugly time. I prefer the cowboy era and the 60-80's era, currently.
All era's have their ugliness
The cowboy era was not a swell time period unless you lived in the East or England
But then again there was ugliness in the Victorian Era, all the writers of that time period wrote about the evils of their society

Last edited:
Meaning the style of technologyAll era's have their uglinessThe cowboy era is not a swell time period unless you lived in the East or EnglandBut then again there was ugliness in the Victorian Era
Cowboy era, not vicorian era. Unless you're saying the English and Asians were cowboys. They aren't. 'tis a secular time.

I have extensive experience in both sports. Your opinion is invalid. Also, no amount of [STRIKE]men[/STRIKE] women in micro bikinis will swing my opinion. /preemptive strike
Well, I suppose some people do play sports for competitivenesseses. I'm not one of 'em. Much better that way.

Cowboy era, not vicorian era. Unless you're saying the English and Asians were cowboys. They aren't. 'tis a secular time.
The Cowboy era happened at the same time as the Victorian Era, but my point still stands. The cowboy era was an awful time to live in, England and the East was a better place to live in at the time even with all there political and social faults.
Also there were a lot of Asians in the west at the time of the Cowboy era, not necessarily cowboys but they were at the correct place at the correct time.

Shame I've no talent for racist humor, as this would be where I'd make a claim-jumpin' chink joke. Actually, it's not a shame. Nevermind.

Well, I suppose some people do play sports for competitivenesseses. I'm not one of 'em.

Nor was I. Didn't turn in my jersey for a controller without reason, mah boi.

The Cowboy era happened at the same time as the Victorian Era, but my point still stands. The cowboy era was an awful time to live in, England and the East was a better place to live in at the time even with all there political and social faults.Also there were a lot of Asians in the west at the time of the Cowboy era, not necessarily cowboys but they were at the correct place at the correct time.
It seems that you are missing the point. I don't like that era because it was ugly, or because it was socially and politically weak. It was the sense of adventure, the cultural growth. The new merging of ideas, traveling to a foreign land, fending off those who threaten your new home, never knowing if the next day might be your last. dat western look. da gunz.

It seems that you are missing the point. I don't like that era because it was ugly, or because it was socially and politically weak.
Sorry, you just gave the impression that ugliness was a factor in your choice of favorite era.
It was the sense of adventure, the cultural growth. The new merging of ideas, traveling to a foreign land, fending off those who threaten your new home, never knowing if the next day might be your last. dat western look. da gunz.
I like that part of the era
But I also like the extreme cultural growth, the din, the cultural mishmash, ingenuity, and the clash of extremes of the early mid twentieth century. It gives of a sense of beginning and vitality but also of end and destruction.

Last edited:
Sorry, you just gave the impression that ugliness was a factor in your choice of favorite era. I like that part of the eraBut I also like the extreme cultural growth, the din, the cultural mishmash, ingenuity, and the clash of extremes of the early mid twentieth century. It gives of a sense of beginning and vitality but also of end and destruction.
Harsh would be a more accurate word for the first one . A tough life awaited those who followed it. The early 20th century was ugly due to prohibition, economic depression, rampant racism, and just plain more dull compared to the times before. Excluding wars.

Shame I've no talent for racist humor, as this would be where I'd make a claim-jumpin' chink joke.

Bloody runners with there lack of "A, B" buttons

Harsh would be a more accurate word for the first one . A tough life awaited those who followed it. The early 20th century was ugly due to prohibition, economic depression, rampant racism, and just plain more dull compared to the times before. Excluding wars.
If the twentieth century was harsh then the cowboy era being harsh is an understatement.

All eras have their dark side.
The cowboy era had huge racism towards Native Americans and the Chinese; more than any other time period. Not to mention anarchy and disease.

The airplane best represents my era. A symbol of freedom and yet also a destructive war machine. They tried to make using the airplane in combat a war crime in World War I. H.G. Wells even wrote about air-warfare before it was even used (do to his farsightedness). It is both life and death, freedom and suppression, a bridge to connect the continents and a destructive force to blow them away.

It's the mixture of life and death chaotically balanced. That time was the most loud time in history.

The cowboy era was hardly racist. There was little politcal activity or propaganda in the west to promote it. Abuse towards them, yes. From the eastern coast. As for the airplane, there were already boats and trains to make travel easier. I find planes nowhere near as exciting as what the space race did.

Back